7 | memories

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 ─ 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

Once upon a time... there was a princess. She lived in a magical kingdom with her mother and father. They were happy.

All the fairies in the land came to celebrate the princesses tenth birthday. Everything went well, until... three fairies, Rage, Panic, and Impulsivity, who were not invited, showed up to her birthday party and cursed the young princess.

The curse said, someday, during the year she would be 15 years of age, her mother and father would perish and die leaving her all alone in the world. She would lose her family and her royal status and be banished never to return to her beloved kingdom.

That night the king and queen fought and fought so loud about the curse that the princess could hear them from her own chambers. She cried the whole night and hoped that retched day would never come.

Everything was back to normal after a few years, everyone even forgot about the terrible curse. That was until the horrible night there was a commotion in the castle. The princess shouldn't have even been home, but after her studies she learned her dance lessons had been canceled. The queen was in the middle of braiding the princess's hair when they heard a commotion in the dining hall.

The queen quickly kissed the princess's forehead, said she loved her, then told her to hide in the closet.

A dark figure entered the room. Then started the shouting so familiar to that one night. Everything happened so swiftly, to this day the princess could not recall everything that happened. There was the queen's terrified face, a shove, a scream, and then silence.

The princess let out a sound so piercing to the ears, everyone throughout the kingdom had heard. They all knew the curse had began.

The dark figure was none other than someone she thought she knew so well. She couldn't get a word in before they approached her and said terrible things. The princess looked at the figure, then at her mother's dead body in shock. There wasn't enough time before everything went black for her too.

After a few hours, the princess woke up. The king and queen were dead, and she was no longer royal just like the evil fairies prophesied. The girl who was no longer a princess was banished and sent far away from her kingdom where she lived the rest of her days living alone in her own mind.

The end.

I spend the next few days in bed. When I get upset, it triggers painful rushes of past memories and feelings leaving me glued to my bed for a while. I try to get up, I want to get up, but for some reason I can't bring myself to.