27 | goodbye

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 ─ 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎

I smile once I hear gun shots in the distance. That was could only mean one thing. He was coming for me. I was getting out of here... It seemed so impossible, but it was true. He came for me.

A few moments later I heard running down the halls and suddenly the door handle twisted and flew open. I was surprised to see Katelyn there instead of Christian, but I was so damn happy she was there anyways.

"Oh my god!" She gasps and immediately runs over to me. She hands me the gun in her hand as she starts untying me.

I laugh, "How did you get this?" I glance down at the weapon in my hand.

"I told Christian I knew how to use one." She smirks triumphantly. The rope was loose and I wiggle my hands and feet out of them before throwing myself into Kate's arms.

"I'm so happy to see you." My eyes water and I pull her in tighter. "For a second there I was getting worried you guys weren't coming."

She laughs into my shoulder, "Of course we were coming. We'd never just leave you here..." We let go of each other, "So... do you know?"

"That these psychopaths are my family, yeah?" I bite my lip, "This so isn't normal, is it? My life is so not normal."

"It's seriously becoming a Wattpad story." She brushes my tangled hair over my shoulder, "Wow, even kidnapped you still look flawless."

"Hey, that's-" I cut myself off as my eyes drift toward something behind her, "Katelyn, don't move." I draw my gun quickly at the guy behind her. He was pointing a gun straight at Katelyn. It was meant for her, I knew it, not for me.

"What are you talking about-" She gets cut off the the loud bang of my gun going off. I watch the guy fall to the ground before turning back toward Kate. Her expression wasn't what I was expecting though. She looked confused. Surprised. Scared.

She glances down at her hands and my eyes follow, red was sweeping through her fingers where she clutched the side of her stomach. I heard a scream. It might've been mine because Katelyn was just quiet as she collapsed to the floor and I followed.

"K-Katie." I was definitely crying now as she laid in my lap as I cradled her body close. There was blood. So much blood. I think she was in shock because she didn't say or do anything except look scared. Scared for her life. Scared for death which threaten to await her.

"Maria..." Her voice shook and she tried to pull her hands away. I made sure to press them back on.

"I-It's okay." I say, but I was more so trying to convince myself than her, "It's going to be okay." I could barely see behind the tears which blurred my vision as I tried to tear my eyes away from all the blood. I looked up at Katelyn's face. She was so pretty. She was everything I wanted to be and more. She was my best friend, and her life was hanging by a thread.