4 | city lights

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 ─ 𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜

I let him walk away. If we never talk again then I only have myself to blame. I can't believe he said he wanted me.

Kate left with some guy. I didn't catch who it was, but then again I was too drunk to care. I'm really a terrible friend. It was twelve o'clock by the time I trudged out of there. I called a cab of course, and walked outside the building to wait.

Twenty minutes later, and the cab still didn't show up. I rolled my eyes, and took out my phone to call another one when a black Tesla pulled up out the curb. Another eye roll.

"Oh bloody hell." I murmured as the window rolled down, "Hello Christian." I walked up to the window, he was peering at me from the other side.

"Damn, you look terrible." He made a look with his face which I ignored. I groaned then threw my purse onto the seat, swinging the door open and collapsing in the chair without him having to even ask me to.

"You know you just willingly jumped into a stranger's car, right?" He glanced over at me in the rear view mirror. I groaned again.

"Shut the fuck up, please."

"What if I were a murderer?" He talks again, and I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Good for you." I roll my eyes, and stares at me again the rear view mirror.

"Don't roll you eyes at me." He says yet again, but more like he was annoyed by it. Then I realized he was taking me home, and there was something very important about that fact I just remembered.

"Oh, shit." I facepalmed, remembering what it was.

"What now."

"I fucking forgot my keys in Katelyn's car." I bit my lip, and his eyes widened in panic.

"Well, don't fucking cry about it!"

"I'm so sorry. God, I'm so stupid." I frown as the tears came to my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He looked over at me, and I felt hot tears on my face.

"I don't know! I'm fucking drunk, Christian!" I screamed at him, and he genuinely looked concerned for me.

"Don't cry, okay, you can stay at my penthouse. I have like three bedrooms."

"W-Why do you have so many?"

"Don't fucking ask me any questions right now, Maria." He sternly. That was the last thing he said the me the rest of the ride.