3 | manhattan

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ─ 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚗

I have no idea how I got into this situation. I backtrack my steps and think, okay, I was boxing at empty training gym, some guys enter... oh wait it's my boss, then I ignore them, Christian whispers in my ear and helps me hit a bag, then I talk to his cousin, and now I'm going to his penthouse party. Yeah, I'd say that escalated quickly.

"Do you know what you're wearing?" Kate asks me as she sifts through my closet. I point at the pink bodycon dress hanging on the closet door. She raises a high eyebrow, and I feel myself blush, "Damn."

"It's new. I got it free from my last modeling gig, and I don't think I'd wear it anywhere else. It seems appropriate for this event."

"Still, damn Bunny." She runs a hand down it's silk material, "This has got to be some sort of expensive."

What most people didn't know was that other than a waitress, Katelyn was a fashion designer. She actually makes most of her clothes and has made me a few pieces as well. Her dream is to have her own brand, but at the moment she doesn't have the money. We actually met at a photo shoot. I was modeling and she was one of the clothing designers.

"A hundred eighty-nine, I think." I reply. She sighs then comes to sit beside me on my bed.

"I can't believe you got us an invite to a A-List party." She rolled her eyes, "Not even I could do that. It must pay to be gorgeous."

"I'm not gorgeous."

"Ew, don't lie to yourself." She makes a face, "So, what's hot billionaire boss like? Does he have any friends?"

"He has a cousin named Adrian I met. I think you two would get along." I reply, and she nods.

"It's his party you said, right?"

"Yeah. He's kind of annoying, but still really nice." I say and she nods. After a while of talking, eating ramen, and watching Ru Paul's Drag Race we finally start getting ready.

Kate put on a baby pink corset style top with off the shoulder sleeves, and high waisted jeans. I watched in the mirror as she did her makeup, adding stick on jewels as her signature look.

"Katie?" I call her name as she moves the last jewel into placed, "Could you do my makeup too?"

"Bunny, I thought you'd never ask."

We sit on the counter as she does my makeup. I can't help, but wonder how someone like her could be like she is. She's so nice, people like her, and she acts genuinely happy with where she's at in her life. I'm so different than her.