5 | bonjour

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 ─ 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛

Ceiling to floor windows are very inconvenient in the morning if you forget to close the curtain. I learned that today when I woke up to bright sunlight in my eyes.

I groaned, stuffing a pillow into my face as a sharp pain seared through my head. Why did I drink so much. I told myself before never to drink this much every again.

I look over to check the time on the alarm clock then see two pills and a glass of water on the bed stand. He got this for me?

Even worse. He came in here while I was sleeping...

I groan and pop the two pills in my mouth and drink the whole cup of water. Bringing it out of bed with me I quickly go to the bathroom and throw some water on my face. I still looked like crap. I rub the rest of makeup off my face with the only thing I could find, wet toilet paper, and pull my hair down from it's messy bun, letting it fall around my face.

Christian gave me a t-shirt and a pair of sweats to sleep in, but it got pretty hot last night so I just slept in the t-shirt. I slip the sweats back on. Wouldn't want to be walking around naked in here.

Next, I left towards the kitchen. Since he got my pills, I thought I'd help out a little around here. The place was already pretty clean, but there were dishes piling up in the sink.

I open the dishwater which was filled with plates still, and rolled my eyes. Does he do anything around here?

The clean dishes went back in the cabinets. I didn't really know where everything was organized so for a good minute I was scrambling around the kitchen.

It was already 11 am. If he wasn't up yet he probably left somewhere which would be kinda shitty. He couldn't have just left me here, right... but that did seem like a pretty Christian thing to do.

With the dishes in the washer, I put on some music (Heaven by Julia Michaels), and open the fridge to find breakfast. I decided to make some pancakes and eggs, enough for two.

My feet begin moving to the music. I hum the melody under my breath. Before the accident, I did ballet. I had been dancing since I four years old, starting with contemporary then advancing to ballet. I lost interest in everything after the fact, but now I wish I had took it up again. I mean, I had been on pointe since I was nine years old.

I grin as I twirl around the kitchen, mixing pancake batter. I think I preform a whole dance routine.

And of course it was just then I realized that Christian had been watching me the whole time. I melt at the sight of him. I hope he couldn't tell I was a puddle on his floor.