024: Engagement

"Nothing

"Nothing.... Its nothing"

BENEFITS

Chapter Twenty- Four

2 hours earlier

Indie was almost halfway done with her spaghetti when the waiter brought the bill. He laid it in front of Jungkook, asked if they wanted any refills and then went back to the kitchen after hearing they were in no need of any more drinks.

"You know, having a meal with you would have sounded like absolute hell if you would have asked me a week or so ago but today was actually pretty pleasant. It's nice to know you can be fun to be around when you aren't acting like a complete idiot." She said, giving Jungkook a sort of backhanded compliment.

"How far do you think I could shoot this pea if I really put everything into it?" Jungkook asked, picking up a small green pea with his left hand as he fiddled with his straw in the right.

Indie looked him dead in the eye like a disapproving mother would. "I am telling you right now If you shoot that pea while we are in this restaurant you will feel my wrath. I will break into your apartment and steal all of your left shoes and salt shakers. You will suffer."

"That is the strangest threat I have ever heard in my life." Jungkook replied, tossing the pea back down on his plate.

"Even if I did let you do it, you would find a way to fuck it up and accidentally suck the pea back your throat or something. Or hit some old man in the eye."

Jungkook rolled his eyes at her comment. "The lack of trust here is astonishing."

"I think you are a childish fool. You don't put a lot of trust into dumb small children. Next thing you know somehow they've poked their own eyes out with chopsticks." She explains.

"Why is everything you say so weird!?"

Indie just shrugged her shoulders, taking another sip of her soda before checking the time on her phone. "We should get going soon."

Jungkook had no concept of what time it was and wasn't very interested in checking his phone so he took her word for it. "Are we splitting the check then?" He asked, half-jokingly.

He planned to pay, it was no big deal. He just wanted to see if she expected him to pay.

And when her eyes got big he knew the answer. Indie was a horrible liar. Painfully horrible. So when she began to act as if she was digging through her bag for her wallet he was 90% sure it was all fake.