033: Moving Forward

"I think I like my plan better."

BENEFITS 

Chapter Thirty- Three

"You don't have to baby me you know. I'm not some child you have to constantly monitor." Taehyung was getting a little tired of having Jungkook checking over his shoulder every five minutes to make sure he was okay. He appreciated his friend's care, but it was getting a little much at this point.

Jungkook took a seat beside him on the couch. "I'm just trying to make sure you are okay and don't turn back into the non-moving Cheeto eating monster you were before. It is my job as your best friend to make sure you stay a human being."

Taehyung lifted his hands, void of any Cheeto powder. "Look, officer, I'm clean. "

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"You can strip search me if you aren't sure though." Taehyung teased, leaning down on his best friend for physical support. He laid his head on Jungkook's shoulder sweetly.

"Sadly I'm taken, so I'll just have to take your word for it."

Taehyung smiled into Jungkook's shoulder. "I'm really happy for you guys you know?"

"I know buddy."

"Do you think the guy Jimin likes is more handsome than me?" Taehyung asked out of nowhere, it had been something that was running through his mind for a while now. He didn't want to compare himself to someone he had already lost to but it was hard not to. Especially when Jimin was all he could think about.

Jungkook wrapped his arm around his friend and hugged him tightly. "Impossible. I must say my friend you are probably the most handsome guy in the world. I mean just look at those eyes, and that nose? Cute as a button you are."

"Are you just saying that to make me feel better?"

"Taehyung you are handsome. Guys walk past you and think wow I wish I looked like that guy. Girls walk past you, stop, ask for your number, and then get disappointed when you tell them you don't like women. Do you know how women always ask why all the hot ones are gay? Well, you are the hot ones Taehyung. You are the epitome of the hot ones. Now PLEASE for the love of God stop pouting. I miss my girlfriend and wherever she goes Jimin goes and I just want to see her so please can they come over? Please Please Please Please?"

Taehyung frowned. "You care more about seeing your girlfriend than you care about my broken heart?"

"Taehyung, I love you. Out of everyone in the world I love you the most. However, I really really like Indie and despite this mess with you and him Jimin is pretty cool too and I would like for things between all of us to go back to normal. So he likes another guy? So what? Being sad about it isn't going to fix it. Maybe he just isn't the one. Don't let all of this get you down. You have no obligation to find your soulmate at 24."

"How am I supposed to interact with him after this?" Taehyung asked, truly lost.

"You have to accept that this is how things happened and move forward from them. Pretending like it never happened isn't always the best idea. Get together, talk it out and move on."

"I think I like my plan better."

Jungkook feared hearing Taehyungs plan but asked what it was anyway.

"Sit here, forever. Order delivery for the rest of my life, and never have to face him again because I cried in front of him and ran away like a little bitch."