036: A Good Friend

"I'm reserving my judgment for now"

BENEFITS

Chapter Thirty- Six

McDonald's  (2:30 PM.)

Indie, Jimin & Jinyoung.

"You probably don't like me already then right?"

Indie looked up from her chicken nugget to see Jinyoung looking down at her with piercing eyes. In a way, they still manage to be friendly as well. He seemed like someone who could put others at ease quickly.

"Why do you say that?" She asked him.

Jinyoung shifted in his seat. He didn't look upset or hurt, he just spoke truthfully. "You are with Jungkook right? Jungkook doesn't like me that much."

Indie smiled. "Well, then it's a good thing for you we don't share a brain. I'm reserving my judgment for now. I'm a pretty easy person to get along with though. Whatever happened between you and Taehyung is for you two to figure out. It's none of my business. So as long as you don't give me a reason to dislike you we will be cool. Alright?"

"Sounds like a plan."

Indie glanced down at her almost empty chicken nugget box. "Although if you wanted to try and persuade me a bit more to your side I am easily bought." She shook the box in front of his face for a second and then placed it back down in front of her.

Jinyoung liked Indie. He had not spent much time with her yet but he could tell they would get along well as long as she was open to hearing his side of things and didn't jump to conclusions like everyone else did.

"10 or 20?" He asked with a helpful smile.

"Just 10 more please, I'm trying to cut back." She replied.

Jinyoung got up from his seat and went back to the front to order her more food. Indie took that as a chance to talk to Jimin for a bit, who had been sitting silently at the table since they got there.

Indie decided to go with Jimin and Jinyoung instead of Jungkook and Taehyung. She loved Taehyung and hoped he was doing well but she didn't feel right about leaving Jimin alone when he was obviously very upset as well. She made a choice and she didn't regret it. Taehyung would forgive her, if he saw it as anything that needed forgiveness.

"What are you thinking?" She asked before taking a sip of her cola. Jinyoung had paid for everything which was a quality Indie liked in her best friend's partners.

She wanted to give Jinyoung the benefit of the doubt. She didn't know him or anything to do with his situation with Taehyung and to jump to conclusions and pick sides based on previously build relationships seemed unfair. It wasn't Jinyoungs fault that she had met Taehyung first. Picking someone just because they are your friend doesn't always help. It just keeps you from feeling guilty about not picking them.