1

"Stop your shaking child

"Stop your shaking child." Mrs. Vanderbilt, Charlie's social worker, sneered as she dragged the little girl out of the churchyard.

Charlie was confused.

The five-year-old couldn't comprehend how one minute she was giggling in her Mumma's arms as she sang 'You Are My Sunshine' melodically, and the next, she was at a funeral mourning the sudden passing of her.

Miriam was a great mother.

The best in the whole wide world in Charlie's opinion and Charlie's opinion was usually spot on.

"S-sorry, Miss." Charlie stuttered, practically running as she tried to match the social worker's long strides with her own small ones.

The two soon arrived at Mrs. Vanderbilt's old car, quickly jumping in and driving to the airport.

Charlie's whole world was about to change, and she hadn't the slightest clue.

The plane ride to New York was painful, Charlie barely got a wink of sleep causing her movements to be extra slow, thus aggravating the cold social worker even more.

The little one was tired and upset, she still couldn't quite understand why her Mumma had left her.

She was a clever little girl but still young, still innocent and vulnerable to the cruelness the world had to offer.

Mrs. Vanderbilt practically dragged the sleepy little girl through the rest of the airport, not showing a glimpse of sympathy.

After a dreaded hour of security and passport checks, they arrived at the exit of the airport, where the social worker stood impatiently, and the pair waited for Charlie's new guardian to arrive.

Leo rolled his eyes at the sight of the busy airport. This is not where he wanted to be; however, his Charlie came first.

The man walked through the busy building, ignoring the gazes of multiple women, in search of his baby sister.

Leo was a handsome man; all three of the brothers were. They all stood at an imposing height of over at least the six-foot mark and had been blessed with handsome features. 

It helped that they actually enjoyed working out too.

Leo looked around at the enormous moving crowd, trying to spot his sister until he heard an unpleasant voice.