3

Charlie rested her head on Oscar's shoulder as he slowly walked out of the large bedroom, her little body resting on his hip

"Y-you live here?" Charlie asked Oscar, looking around the stylish yet surprisingly tidy apartment.

The walls and interior were pretty much all white or light, gentle colours, and decorations were all minimalistic—no photos on the wall or pictures on the large metallic fridge.

"Hmm, and now you do too," Oscar spoke, grinning down at the child. "Only if that's okay with you, my lady." He added at the end with a posh British accent, making Charlie giggle at his goofy antics.

"Well, I don't know." She smiled mischievously and shrieked when she was suddenly hung upside down by her now smirking brother.

"Do you now? Hmm?" Oscar smirked as he rubbed his chin curiously with his unoccupied hand. "You cheeky monkey!" Oscar teased, grabbing her other leg and swinging her around a bit, provoking the five-year-old to squeal.

"Put her down." A deep voice thundered, interrupting the two and making Oscar look up from his sister. There stood their older brother with an unamused look on his face.

"We were just having some fun. Right, love bug?" Oscar childishly whined as he pulled their sister into his arms tightly and squished her face against his, making Leo roll his eyes.

"You're going to hurt her- Just give her to me," Leo growled, snatching the rosy cheeked little girl and supporting her on his forearm, placing a kiss on her temple. Oscar grumbled at the absence of his sister's warmth and moved to the kitchen to prepare something.

"You sleep well, baby?" Leo whispered gently, swaying the little girl in his arms.

Oscar smiled at the two as he exited the kitchen with a mug of black coffee in his hand. Charlie had her brothers wrapped around her tiny little finger, and she hadn't the slightest clue.

It was only Charlie who could bring out the soft side of Leo. Usually, he would put on a cold persona giving away nothing, but when his baby sister was around, he'd instantly go into a protective big brother hen mode.

Charlie nodded at her oldest brother's question, resting her head on his chest. "T'was good."

"Come on then, darling. Let's get you fed." Leo spoke, walking towards their large kitchen.

"Just a few more spoons, okay?" The eldest brother spoke, bringing the spoon full of pasta to Charlie's mouth as she sat on his lap.

"Is it good, sweetheart?" He chuckled as she hummed happily, chewing the noodles.

Charlie nodded, smiling as she reached out to her brother's hand for more.

"Slow down, hun. We don't want you choking." Oscar smiled, bringing a glass of water over.

The arrival of Charlie made the boys realise that nothing in their apartment was suited for a five-year-old. It wasn't dangerous or anything, but it wasn't child friendly either.

They desperately needed to go shopping for the little one.

"What do you want to do after lunch, sweetheart?" Leo whispered, bringing a serviette to wipe away the tomato sauce that had suddenly invaded her little face.

"Be with you " Charlie shyly mumbled hiding her face in Leo's chest making him smile and stroke her hair.

"You're going to be a little cuddle bug today, aren't you ?" he teased, quickly tickling her side to produce a burst of giggles from the five-year-old.

Leo had a feeling that their little one was going to be a little more clingy , she had just lost someone extremely close to her. At such a young age too .

They all had.

It was clear that little Charlie needed their love and attention now more than ever.

"Adorable," Leo mumbled, smiling at the little girl. She was quite literally an angel, and only she could make him smile the way he was now.

"Come on then, monkey. Let's go have some cuddles," Leo spoke soothingly, immediately glaring at Oscar as his brother let out an amused laugh.

"You big old softy "

"Shut the fuck up"

Charlie sat leaning against Leo's chest, tracing his tattooed arm resting in her lap.

"Ouchie?" Charlie asked, staring up at him with her big brown eyes. The tattoos hadn't been there the last time she saw him.

"No, darling. It was only a little sting." Leo lied slightly, grimacing at the memory of his first tattoo.

It hurt like hell.

But after they started piling up, decorating the skin on his body, the pain of the needle became more bearable.

Charlie resumed her wander as her fingers traced the little shapes of the tattoos making Leo smile softly.

She had always been such a curious little child. She was always wanting to know more, whether it be asking awkward questions or wandering off from her family to explore.

Charlie's curiosity seemed to get her into trouble more than anything else.

"Can I get a tattoo "

" No."

Charlie pouted at Leo's quick response, annoyed that he didn't even consider it. If he had one, she should be allowed one too, right?

"B-but you have one!" The little girl countered, somewhat proud of her comeback, thinking she'd won the argument.

"I'm also almost five times your age, Pretty girl," Leo explained. "Even so, you're still not getting one," Leo vowed, slightly amused but still hinted at his seriousness by hiding his smirk.

Five or twenty-five, she was not getting a tattoo. Ever.

"You're old," Charlie giggled, now tracing the snake tattoo, which encircled the length of Leo's arm. "Careful, angel." Leo chuckled. "You're not in a position to be cheeky here." He warned playfully, squeezing her little foot in warning, initiating a bout of giggling and making her squirm around a bit on his chest.

The two cuddled a little longer, the time spent with Charlie asking Leo all sorts of questions about his tattoos and what they meant, and also her describing the unicorn tattoo she had now planned to get across her forehead.

Charlie was very excited.

Their conversation came to a halt when the sound of the main door opening and then harshly slamming made Leo growl in annoyance.

Heavy footsteps came towards them as Charlie quickly hid her face in her oldest brother's chest, though she peeked a little, curious as to know who it was.

There stood a tall figure. Not quite as tall as Leo or Oscar but towering nonetheless. With dark piercing eyes that opposed her bright ones, her brother unintentionally glared daggers at the little girl.

"Atlas?"

-Edited 13/04/2020 with help from the lovely MsFishyLee