26

"You're such a little mess, topoplina

"You're such a little mess, topoplina." Damien chuckled, bringing a napkin up to his little sister's face and wiping away the sticky strawberry flavoured ice cream that had somehow spread across her cheeks.

Damien had declared once the two were alone that it was, in fact, Charlie's day, and therefore they were to do whatever she wanted to do.

Of course, Charlie had to take advantage of this rare opportunity and ask for ice cream first, even if it was a little too early in the morning.

Damien had taken his sister downtown to a little Italian cafe, which made the best ice cream in the city by far. He got an espresso, not being a fan of the sweet treat.

Charlie giggled quietly every time he took a sip of the bitter coffee finding the tiny little cup it came in to be quite entertaining.

"That looks like a cup from my tea set." The five-year-old pointed out a massive grin plastered onto her adorable ice cream covered face.

"It's an espresso, baby."

"A e-esp-peso?" Charlie questioned having a hard time actually pronouncing the drink, "That's a silly name."

Damien nodded, smiling fondly at the little ball of fluff that sat in front of him, reaching over to ruffle her curls gently.

"Can I please have one?"

A loud laugh erupted from the older brother as he looked down at Charlie's deadly serious face.

"I don't think you'd like it, Charlie." He spoke sympathetically as he saw a little pout form on her lips.

"Can I have a sip of yours, please?"

"I don't think so, baby girl, Leo would kill me if I returned you, and you were bouncing off the walls."

"But, I thought it was Charlie day." The five-year-old reminded, a cheeky smirk forming on her lips.

She knew how to play him.

Damien held back a grin as he shook his head in disbelief at his mischievous little sister. How was he supposed to say no to that?

"Scusi." The older brother called looking over to a waiter walking by. "Portami una cioccolata calda ma mettila in una tazza da caffè espresso."

The waiter nodded swiftly, making his way to the barista to get the drink for the man.

"You're a very cheeky little person. Do you know that?" Damien teased, gently flicking her little button nose.

Charlie giggled at the action scrunching up her tiny nose. "Do you want to try some of my ice cream? S'really good!" The little one offered, holding up her huge ice cream cone right in Damien's face.

Gently taking her hand and moving the sweet treat away Damien shook his head at the kind offer. "No, thank you, bambina. You keep that for yourself."