6

Charlie was angry

Charlie was angry.

Scratch that. She was furious.

The now wide awake five-year-old was trapped in the arms of her oaf of a brother, desperately struggling to escape.

Charlie had tried everything.

She'd poked him, shouted at him and even kicked him.

But alas nothing.

At this point, she wouldn't be surprised if he was dead.

"Atlasss!" Charlie whined, wiggling in his firm hold.

"Atlas! If you don't let go of me right now, I'm going to bite you!" The little one threatened in her best angry voice but received a mere grunt from the dead log in return.

"Charlie! Shut up!" Atlas whined in return, his low voice rumbling as he held her tighter and buried his face into her curly hair in an attempt to block out the sunlight from the window opposite them.

"B-but. I'm bored, Atlas!" The toddler complained, turning around to face him with her meanest look plastered onto her face.

Atlas muttered something incoherent and slowly opened one of his eyes to see a combination of an angry frown and quivering lips that almost turned into a cheeky grin with an occasional appearance of the little tongue.

Brat.

"Look, little monkey. Big brother had a very late night yesterday and is ​extremely tired."
Atlas groaned, shutting his eyes again and pulling the covers over him and Charlie, covering the cheeky little face.

"Hey!-"

"So I suggest that you let big brother sleep before he does something he probably won't regret," Atlas warned, opening his eyes momentarily in a stern look before shutting his eyes again.

Sighing in content, the eighteen-year-old finally fell back into a deep sleep, enjoying the brief moment of peace.

Keyword. ​Brief.

Practically seconds later, Atlas felt a shift of the covers and then really felt the impact of a small body jumping onto his stomach, eliciting a groan from him.

Atlas whipped the covers off of him and looked up to see the giggling monster currently sitting on his toned stomach and gave her the deadliest glare he could possibly produce.

"You. Little. Shit," The boy growled, now wide awake.

"Uh oh, Atlas. You said a b-bad word." The little girl chirped in an attempt to remove the red creeping onto her brother's face, not that it mattered though.

And that thought made her squirm uncomfortably.

"Run," Atlas seethed at his baby sister. "Fast."
Charlie squealed with panic, rolling off the bed and running out of the room as fast as her little legs could carry her.

Before Charlie could even have the time to tumble down the grand staircase at the end of the hallway, two large hands appeared grabbing her out of the air and wrapping themselves around her waist, causing the little girl to let out a frightened squeak.

"Got you!" Atlas growled, throwing her tiny body over his shoulder.

"N-no A-atlas! I-I'm sorry!" Charlie half giggled, half-shouted, squirming unsuccessfully in Atlas' tight grip.

Atlas ignored his baby sister's pleas as he carried them back to his room and threw her onto the bed, immediately grabbing her little feet and attacking them with tickles.

N-no! Atlas! S-stop!" Charlie screamed, rolling around in laughter.

"You shouldn't have woken me up, you little brat!" Atlas teased, grunting now and then as he grabbed her kicking legs. A grin formed on his face as her pure giggles filled the once-dark room.

"Are you sorry?" The older brother smirked mischievously, moving to tickle her little tummy.

"Y-yes, Atlas! I'm v-very, very s-sorry." Charlie squealed, trying to push away his attacking fingers.

"Hmmm. I don't think that's good enough, little monkey." Atlas chuckled as Charlie tried to roll away, nearly falling off the bed.

"P-please! N-no more!" Charlie exclaimed as he moved up to her armpits, the weakest spot of the five-year-old.

Atlas let out an amused laugh as his sister did as well. "T-that was h-horrible." Charlie panted, holding her tummy.

"So is being woken up by an evil little gremlin, but we can't all win, can we?" Charlie's brother teased, poking her side.

Charlie huffed and poked her tongue out at him.

Doo Doo Head.

-Edited 14/02/2020 with the help of the lovely MsFishyLee xx