33

"Leo

"Leo." Charlie tugged on the end of his sweater looking up to him with her big doe eyes.

It was the 24th of December leaving just a day till Christmas was due to arrive.

"What do you need little bug?" The eldest brother questioned in a soft tone, kneeling down to be close the toddler.

"Um, a cuddle please, m'sleepy."

Leos lips curved in affection before he effortlessly lifted the five-year-old up letting her snuggle into his warm embrace whilst swaying her a little.

"Are you excited to go into town? We're going to go see all the lights and get decorations for the tree." Leo ran his hands through her hair soothingly.

"Yeah, are we gonna decorate Fergal?"

"Fergal?"

"That's what I think we should call our tree, Fergal, I thoughted it just now." Charlie informed tiredly digging her head into the nape of Leo's neck.

"Yes, sweetheart we will decorate Fergal," Leo bounced the toddler a little to get her energy up, "we need you to be more awake first. You don't want to sleep through it do you." Leo looked up to Oscar who had the car keys in his hand as he made his way out of the cabin with Charlie in his arms.

"She sleeping?" The loud voice of Oscar shouted from where he was leaning against the car, a cigarette in hand.

"Not quite yet. She's needs to wake up a little more though." Leo replied back bouncing Charlie more.

"Her give'er over here." Oscar stubbed out his hardly smoked cigarette before taking the toddler into his arms.

"Hello you." He smiled placing a loud kiss onto her cheek. "It's time to wake up little mouse." Oscar cooed holding Charlie's little body and out in front of him and playful raising her up into the air.

Charlie squealed in anticipation as he carried on the fun action, enjoying the feeling of flying up into the air even if it was for a mere moment.

A few seconds later Charlie's squeals and giggles simultaneously stopped though Oscar hadn't noticed.

"O-Oscar." The five-year-old pitifully groaned as she was thrown into the air once more.

"Wait Oscar stop," Leo intervened immediately, "I think she's gonn-"

Oscar quickly put the toddler down in the nick of time before she not so graciously released the contents of her stomach.