24

~Two and a half years ago~

"You're supposed to be asleep, little mouse

"You're supposed to be asleep, little mouse."

Little Charlie let out a surprised shriek at the sound of her older brother's voice, her cheeks brightening up almost instantly.

A warm smile made its way onto Oscar's face as he looked at the two-and-a-half-year-old. She was sitting on a chair, god knows how she got up there, with a book almost the size of her perched in her lap.

And was, of course, accompanied by Paul.

"S'wakey time," Charlie mumbled cheekily, large dimples forming on each of her cheeks. "S'wakey and reading time."

Oscar let out a loud chuckle at his mischievous little sister and slowly approached her. "Is it really? Who told you that? Because I think I remember Leo telling you it was nap time only a mere hour ago."

Charlie's big doe eyes widened, and her mouth slightly gaped.

How did he know that?

The toddler shook her head, her wild curls gently hitting her cheeks as she did so. "Nu-uh. Bubbie said s'uppy time." The baby clarified, hoping to trick her older brother into letting her skip the remainder of her nap.

"Oh, really?" Oscar teased, raising his right eyebrow in amusement, "Why don't we go get him and ask right now, baby girl?"

The older brother slowly turned around as if he were walking to the door.

Uh oh.

Charlie gasped in horror. Her cover was about to be blown.

Wiggling her little body out of the chair, the two-year-old dangled herself down gently landing on the floor with only a tiny thud.

Waddling over to Oscar, she managed just about to catch him as he walked at a comically slow pace.

"N-no." The child shrieked, grabbing Oscar's leg to balance her little body and then gripping onto it as tightly as possible as if it would trap him.

"No?" Oscar questioned in mock confusion, kneeling down and holding her tiny waist with his big hands.

"Why ever not Charlie?"

Charlie scrunched up her eyebrows together, subconsciously using her 'thinking' face.
The little girl placed one of her chubby little fingers on her chin, tapping it gently.