21

Atlas hissed in pain as the damp cloth was brought to his forehead, gently pressing against the bloody skin

"I'm sorry" a sweet voice whispered, placing a light feathery kiss to the tip of his nose, "I hate it when you're in pain, I'd rather it me then you".

"How can you say that Isla, how can you wish that when it is you, almost every fucking time and I can't do shit about it" Atlas snapped harshly, pushing away the cool cloth.

Isla flinched a little, her small frame cowering away instinctively, she didn't want to be afraid of him but couldn't quite help it.

Atlas took a deep breath in collecting the anger that practically seethed out from him, looking at Isla his eyes instantly softened.

"I'm sorry baby" his voice came out a light whisper, shaky as if he was about to cry himself.

Cautiously approaching her, Atlas buried his head into the crook of her neck wrapping him arms tightly around her small waist.

"I j-just hate that he does this to you, why won't you let me help, it can be legal. I'll call the police, I'll take the blame just please let me do something " Atlas begged now desperate.

He couldn't see her hurt anymore, she didn't deserve to live her whole life vulnerable to the pain and abuse that had been inflicted on her for years now.

Isla dug her fingers to depths of Atlas dark roots massaging them through soothingly, "You've done so much already, you've shown me more love than I thought possible and for that I am forever grateful to you Atlas DeLuca".

"Atlas"

"Hmm"

"Atlas get up"

Atlas groaned at the nagging voice of his eldest brother rolling over only to find a little body sprawled out next to him.

"What Leo?" He lazily grumbled snaking his arms around Charlie's little frame and bringing her into his chest as if she were some kind of teddy bear.

"You're on Charlie duty today, I've got work and Oscars had to sort some shit out at the bar".

"Hasn't she got school?"

"It's the weekend"

"I've got work of my own"

"Getting high doesn't count as work, you're watching her" Leo spoke sternly giving his brother the 'you fuck up and I'll kill you' look he always sported so well.