9 🍼

Namjoon wanted to help Jin, but just then, "Hello? Jinnie, it's nap time, sweetheart." A young woman said, staring at Namjoon, specifically. She didn't quite like the scenario she was witnessing with her eyes: Jin lying on the floor, sobbing, and Namjoon hovering over him, trying to comfort the boy.

She immediately climbed inside of the treehouse and started to hit Namjoon with her bare hands. Namjoon covered his face, feeling as if he were getting scolded by his own mother like he used to when he was a young boy.

Seeing the way she was hitting Namjoon ignited something within Jin that made him pull her off of the man and immediately protect him with his body. Namjoon slightly held onto him and felt the way the young boy was shivering.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM! DON'T EVER HURT HIM AGAIN!" She shouted, trying to take Jin away from Namjoon, however she could.

"I wasn't trying to hurt him! I would never hurt anyone, especially not a child! Can we get out of here so we could have space to talk?" The woman agreed, but she took Jin away from Namjoon, the second they climbed down from the treehouse.

"Seokjin-" Jin was then left in the dollhouse, playing with the rest of the kids while Namjoon spoke to the woman and slowly explained how things happened, before the woman called the police on him.

"Namjoon! There you are! Is Jin okay? What... What's going on?" Minji walked in on Namjoon and the woman having a deep conversation.

"Namjoon... That boy comes from a bad family. We should have let you known this about him sooner, but it wasn't at our expense to say anything. Usually the one who distributes this type of information out to parents who want to adopt any child here, is the same person who took Seokjin in this orphanage in the first place." Hearing this left both Namjoon and Minji in shock.

"Mimi, what are they talking about?" Soo A, who was attached to Minji's hand, asked.

Minji covered the girl's ears and slowly walked away.

"Let's go to the playpen, sweetie. Hold onto my hand." She gently spoke, giving Namjoon and the woman space to speak. Namjoon thanked his wife, nodding at her as she walked away with the young girl.

The man turned his attention right back at the woman in front of him, listening carefully and cautiously at what she was about to tell him. Knowing that she wasn't supposed to even speak of this was risky enough, but knowing it had to do with the way that poor boy was acting, was enough to keep Namjoon there, come what may.

"As I had mentioned earlier, Seokjin was brought to this orphanage at the age of five years old. He, among the other kids, was the oldest.

At the time, almost every child was much smaller. There were newborn babies and toddlers all around this orphanage, and some older children.

But our Jinnie was the oldest at the time. And also, the most suffered..." She bowed her head down with sadness.

"Why do you say that, ma'am?" Namjoon questioned. The woman breathed in while continuing to tell Jin's story.

"When Seokjin was first brought to us, he was hysterical about being touched. We didn't know how to handle him, or even where to touch him.

Nanami took him in, fed him, changed his clothing, and attempted to bathe him. But the boy would cry whenever she would try to remove his clothing.

Not because he was uncomfortable about people seeing him naked; his mind wasn't even fully developed yet at that age, so he wasn't self-conscious about himself, or shy to be seen
naked.

But because he was in pain." Namjoon dug his head in his lap, sighing, deeply. He was holding back tears that were threatening to drip down from his face at any given minute.

"When she successfully removed his shirt, the boy was completely bruised with belt marks from his back to his stomach, and chest." She quietly spoke.

"He told us that his mom used to love him, so we thought that his father was the abuser, but we were also wrong." Namjoon was shocked to hear this from the woman.

If his parents weren't abusing him, then who was? He thought. The woman parted her lips and sucked in a deep breath before continuing to speak.

"It was his grandfather, who had been abusing him... At first, at least. That's what the young boy had told us. But later on, we discovered, that his father had also started to abuse him." Namjoon had started to get confused, so he stopped the woman from talking to question her.

"But, how do you know this? How did you know his grandfather was abusing him?"

"When our Seokjin grew older, he built up the courage to tell us about who had been hurting him for so many years."

"Years?!" Namjoon gasped, clenching his fists out of anger and sadness. The woman herself felt anger while telling the story of Jin's past, but if Namjoon knew this much now, she couldn't simply stop.

"They started abusing him at the age of just three years old. My heart seriously broke when I heard this from Nanami. She was the only one Seokjin had told everything to, and was the only one that he trusted enough, in this place." She sighed, looking to her side.

Namjoon also turned his head towards a different direction as his anger grew by the minute.

"Who in the right mind hurts a child for no reason? And even if they have a reason to scold them, they shouldn't hurt them so brutally!" He slightly shouted, fuming at just the thought of anyone hurting kids. Especially Jin.

Now that he knew part of the boy's past, he was more than sure he wanted to be the one to adopt him.

"Has anyone else tried to adopt him?" The woman nodded, leaving Namjoon in a slight shock, as he wasn't expecting a certain answer from her.

"Yes, there was this middle-aged, elderly couple who had once adopted Seokjin."

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows at the woman.

"And what happened? Why did they bring him back?" She lowered her head down and rocked it from side to side.

"It wasn't them who brought him back, mister... It was he who returned after they started to abuse him as well."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥