49 🍼

Jin couldn't hide his swollen, reddened lips from Minji, but he could make up an excuse on how why they were that way in the first place. But he didn't know what to do in that moment, and he worried that the woman would start to suspect.

"Jin, tell me. What happened to your lower lip." Her voice was making his skin crawl. Fortunately for Jin, just when he was about to answer, Namjoon appeared behind Minji.

"It happened this morning, Mommy Minji... Appa Joonie gave me something to eat and that's why my lip swelled up." Minji raised her eyebrows at him with concern, unsure if she should believe the boy's story.

"It's true." Namjoon announced. His wife turned around and started screaming. "YOU SCARED ME." She started to laugh. Jin couldn't help but laugh as well, because of how nervous he was.

"I gave him a lollipop this morning." He explained without any further details, making his excuse not so believable. Minji stepped out of the bathroom, and turned over to Namjoon.

"And what does this have to do with his lip, Joonie? Huh? Why is it swollen like this, Jin."

Namjoon and Jin were both running out of options, but they weren't giving up so easily.

At least, the young boy wasn't. He kept on talking, trying to prove Namjoon's explanation sincere and correct, but by doing so, he earned a strange look from the man.

"I sucked too hard on it, Mommy!" Minji covered her mouth, while hiding behind Namjoon to laugh in silence. In that moment that Namjoon turned her over and held her close to his chest, he gave the boy a wink and smirked at him.

Jin nodded at the older male, smiling brightly.

"Okay, Jinnie. Come here, sweetie. Let's go put some ice on your lip-" A scream suddenly echoed from across the hallway, alarming everybody. Namjoon and Minji rushed into Soo A's bedroom and found the girl bouncing on the bed, screaming out of joy with her grandparents who were guarding her.

"Higher! Higher! Wee!!!!" Her enthusiasm reminded Jin of when he was at the park yesterday with Namjoon, screaming as his father pushed him on the swing.

He smiled, walking over to Soo A, who got down from the bed immediately and went over to hug him.

"My grandchildren are so close to each other. It's almost as if they were siblings since birth!" Kyungmi spoke to Minji, as Minji stood wrapped around Namjoon's arms.

"They practically grew up together in the orphanage. We didn't have the heart to separate them from each other, that would be too cruel. And now look at them!" Namjoon replied, staring at the adorable siblings who were now playing tag.

Their parents warned them about running too close to the staircase, and Soo A listened, but Jin accidentally slipped when his sister blocked his view with her long strands of hair, that whipped his face as she turned around.

"Ah!!" He lost balance and nearly tumbled back. Namjoon darted out of the room with such speed, he knocked down a few of Soo A's toys from her toy box.

"Seokjin!!" The man was able to catch Jin, preventing a tragedy from happening. After he was safe and away from the staircase, Namjoon realized that something was bothering the boy.

He was limping more than before, standing on one foot. Everyone rushed over to him, asking him if he was okay. The shy boy nodded at his grandparents and mother, reassuring them that he was just fine.

But Namjoon was too convinced. The way he kept on flinching within each step he would take was making him worry.

"D...Daddy, can I speak to you for a second? P-please?" Minji stared at Jin, then looked over at Namjoon. She was about to question her son, asking him if he was alright, but then her daughter started to distract her, and she ended up in the kitchen with her.

"Here you go! This is just in case you want to change the channels at some point."

Namjoon followed Jin upstairs after handing his in-laws the TV remote before leaving.

"Are you okay, Jinnie?" Jin shook his head, urging his father to help him get upstairs faster. This made Namjoon worry, the boy looked very pale.

~~~

Namjoon lead Jin back to his bedroom, staring at him from far away momentarily while he shut the door behind him. The teen continued to whine, lifting his leg up to show Namjoon the reason behind his pain.

It turns out that a long splinter had gotten stuck, deeply inside of Jin's foot, and was causing him pain and discomfort.

"My foot hurts, Appa Joonie... A lot. Something is poking me badly." He pouted, looking up at Namjoon, who was now approaching him after closing the door.

The adult checked Jin's foot, to see what the problem was and found the splinter was buried in deep. This worried him, but it wasn't a problem he couldn't fix.

"Agh! It hurts... Ow! Ow..." Jin clenched his jaw, feeling a sharp pain as Namjoon grabbed ahold of the thin splinter.

"Take a deep breath in, Jin." The younger nodded, holding his breath while looking down at the black haired man who was applying pressure to his grip on the splinter.

"I'm going to pull it out now. But you can't move, or it'll hurt you even more. Okay?" His son looked away for a moment, keeping his eyes closed.

He was surprised when the man stood back up again, smiling down at him. "There! All done. It feels better now, right?" Jin breathed out, groaning out of relief. Namjoon smiled
at him, helping him stand up again.

"Thanks, Appa Joonie." Jin hugged the man. Namjoon nodded, playing with his hair, roughly for a few minutes. They started pulling pranks on each other, messing up their hair.

When they made it outside, Namjoon had his arm wrapped around Jin's waist, helping him limp back downstairs. Everyone stared at them, like they were crazy.

"WHAT?? Did a chicken nest on your heads, why is your hair so messy!" Minji laughed, while her and her mother set the table.

"We were just playing around. Jinnie had a splinter on his foot, so I removed it. He's okay now, right, baby?" Jin nodded. Minji's parents looked at Namjoon.

"Why do you call him that? Soo A's the only baby here! Jinnie is all grown up, and too old to be called a baby." Namjoon looked at his in-laws, having no choice but to agree with them.

"You're right. She's my little baby too."

~~~

Jin silently sat down on at the table, eating while pretending to have nothing on his mind.

But he did have something in it mind.

~ Or someone ~

"I still want to be your baby, Appa Joonie... I love you."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥