19 🍼

Namjoon's POV:

The movie commenced with a rough start. The main characters were a family of three: A father, mother, and a boy, about four years younger than Jin.

They were all being chased by pale skinned, veiny zombies that were very aggressive, tearing down through the walls of the house trying to reach them. The mother took her son and started to quiver in fear and panic, protecting the boy in her arms as he held onto her.

In this precise moment as this scene was happening, I looked to my left and noticed that Jin had turned his body away from me to face Minji. He was now clinging onto her, shivering. My wife turned her head my way and scolded me.

"Namjoon, you're scaring Jinnie. Take that scary movie out right now! Put something else." Jin suddenly sat back up again, untangling himself out of Minji's weak grip. We were both surprised at his actions.

He was almost begging us to NOT take the movie out. "Pleaseeee, don't take the movie out!! Jinnie can watch it! Jinnie can! Jinnie can!" His adorable begging was enough to win us over, we were truly no match for his cuteness.

So, we ended up leaving the movie instead, but we told him that if he was too afraid at some point during the movie, or if the scenes were too graphic, that we would change the channel.

Jin agreed, and smiled at us while we all relaxed on the couch with him, snuggling up while watching the movie.

。.:*°゚Third Person's POV ゚°*:.。

~20 Minutes Later~

"Oh, thank God, a commercial!" Minji spoke, getting up from the couch. Jin scooted closer to Namjoon as they both watched her leave.

"Where are you going, my love?" Namjoon questioned, dragging the bowl of popcorn closer to his lap as Jin hesitantly reached his hand out to grab some. In the end, the boy kept his hands to himself, staring at Minji, who was excusing herself to use the restroom.

"Mommy Minji looks scared, right dad?" Jin asked, staring at the man as he slowly adjusted to being called a father for the first time. He nodded at him, placing his arm over Jin's shoulder, as the boy gathered up enough confidence to dip his small hand back inside of the bowl to grab more popcorn.

In that moment, Namjoon thought about a fun prank to pull on his wife, with Seokjin.

"Jinnie, do you want to give mommy a scare?" He whispered. Jin slowly nodded, feeling slightly concerned about Minji.

"I... I won't make mommy sad, right daddy? I don't want to make Mommy Minji sad." The older man had to silently laugh over how adorable Jin was.

"He's so caring. What a sweetheart." He thought.

"You won't make her sad, baby Jinnie. Don't worry. We're just going to hide behind that tiny door frame until she returns. Then, we're going to run out and POW! We'll give her a big scare." The boy started to laugh and immediately grabbed Namjoon's hand as the man guided him to the small opening within the door frame that was big enough to cover both of them.

Jin decided to crouch down, hiding behind Namjoon's tall, masculine figure. Almost instantly, a familiar scent hit him.

It was the sweet, addictive scent that the man always carries on his clothing. The young boy cheekily dipped his head directing into Namjoon's back, startling him until his figure was out of the frame.

"Jin, w- wait! That tickles. W- haha... Haha... Wait!" He continued to giggle, as Jin enjoyed inhaling the scent of his cologne. However, since his laughter was so low, it almost sounded as though he were grunting, and just as Minji came out of the bathroom, Jin wrapped his arms around Namjoon's waist, taking in his scent.

Namjoon tried to scare her, but as his wife walked away, he grew desperate and started to limp with one leg, dragging Jin along with him. He noticed Minji and smirked, groaning loudly.

"Jinnie? Namjoon! Where did these two run off to? Huh? They're going to miss the movie." She complained, staring at a half empty bowl of popcorn on the couch. Little did she know, that Namjoon and Seokjin were just inches away from her, wearing the most intimidating stare on their faces.

Namjoon acted as though he were a zombie by letting his neck hang limp on one side of his left shoulders, groaning at Minji with an aggressive and raspy voice. While Jin on the other hand, switched the TV off and took this opportunity to hide.

Minji instantly screamed when seeing her husband, after shining the light on her phone at his face.

"YOU SCARED ME!! Don't do that! Namjooooon!!" She whined, spanking the side of Namjoon's back, along with his arm while Namjoon laughed, holding his stomach.

"WOOOO!! YEAH! We got you, baby. Alright, Jinnie! Turn the lights back on, son."

No response.

"... Jin?" Namjoon called out to the boy, but the boy wasn't responding to him.

Minji rushed to turn the lights back on, and Namjoon gasped when he found the boy was lying on the couch.

"Jin? JIN?" Before he could freak out, Minji silenced him and quickly went to check up on the boy. He was simply asleep, snoring softly on the couch with his hands curved into his chest, making him seem like a baby, with such a fetal position he was sleeping in.

"He's just sleeping, Joonie. Poor little guy, he must be worn out by the prank you two pulled off on me." She smirked, playfully pushing Namjoon as the man held onto her waist, leaning closer towards Jin.

He held his chest, deeply sighing out of relief when finding out that the boy had truly just gone to sleep.

"You're right. He must be very sleepy, who knows how much sleep he used to get back in the orphanage." He quietly spoke, staring down on the sleepy boy.

"I'm gonna take him upstairs to his room so that he can sleep." Namjoon gently dipped his hands underneath the boy's back, taking him into his arms and holding onto him tightly as he carefully carried him up the stairs with Minji behind him, for extra support.

When they lay Jin down on the soft bed, Jin curved himself into a ball once more, automatically hugging a small plush toy that was beside him as his hair fell right on top of his eyes, completely covering them.

Namjoon and Minji tucked him in, safely, so that he wouldn't feel cold. Then, they left a kiss on his forehead and left the boy to sleep, peacefully.

The parents were unaware of the barely noticeable tear droplets that had formed in the very corners of his eyes, that slowly dripped from the tip of his nose, and stained his pillow throughout the rest of the night.

"Joonie's birthday is on September twelve." His mind suddenly flashed back to when he was a baby.

In his vision, he saw blue and green balloons. The sound of voices singing a cheerful song brought a feeling of melancholy to Seokjin, as he saw himself sitting on a highchair, reaching out to dip his little finger inside of the frosting that topped the cake on top of the table.

As his tiny finger entered his mouth, introducing the new flavorful taste of frosting, baby Jinnie noticed someone had stood behind him.

"Jinnie, are you going to help Appa blow out the candles?" His father was smiling at his son one minute, then the next thing he knew...

"NO! Stop, please don't do it!" His soft, squishy face had gotten bruised and beaten by the masculine male, as he showed no mercy to his baby.

~~~

。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。