13 🍼

Namjoon's POV:

"I'm sorry, WHAT?" My sudden reaction gained a slight laughter from my wife, but I wasn't laughing at all. I was wondering if this was real life, or if I was dreaming.

"Did I just adopt Jin?!" I thought. Loud enough for everyone in the office to hear, since I accidentally said it out loud. The woman beside me nodded, and as did Minji. I nearly started to cry while picking her up into a tight embrace.

"Thank you! Thank you so much, you've made me the happiest man in earth!! This is the second happiest day of my life, Minji!"

"When was the first?" Her laughter echoed around the office as I placed her down. We intertwined hands, staring at each other with heart-eyes.

"The day we got married, honey. That was the first official happiest day of my life." Both Minji and the woman who helped us adopt Jin were left in awe, smiling brightly. I asked if I could see Seokjin, and the woman agreed.

"Of course! He's your son, now." She smiled, helping us exit her office. Halfway down the hallway, I noticed how Minji kept on staring at the drawings on either side of the walls, and the beautiful decorations the orphanage had.

But I also noticed sadness in her eyes. She stopped walking, out of nowhere, once she noticed that Soo A had come out of the dollhouse. My heart felt heavy when seeing the way both her and Minji hugged each other, as if she was her biological mother.

On one hand, I felt saddened. But on the other, I was too excited about telling Seokjin that I was going to be his father, so I didn't have time to feel any other emotion but pure joy and excitement as I slowly walked closer towards the entrance of the dollhouse.

"That Jin what?" I paused for a moment, overhearing what Soo A was telling Minji.

"JinJin is crying. He's really sad, and I feel sad when he's sad." The little girl held onto Minji. I walked over to her and hugged her, softly.

"Why is Jin crying, sweetheart?" Minji asked, rubbing her back, as Soo A began to explain, with what little details she could distribute to us, why Seokjin was crying.

"He said that he was going to be alone now. Without a mommy or daddy." Minji's eyes widened as she turned to look at me with guilt.

"He must have heard what I said earlier about not wanting to adopt him." She admitted, frowning. I immediately turned around and paced down the hallway, turning the handle to enter the playroom, Soo A and Jin had been playing in before.

"Seokjin? Seokjin, are you here?" I searched where the younger boys and girls were, and even where the older kids where. And nothing. No sign of Seokjin anywhere. The only thing that I found was his Nintendo DS which was running low on battery.

Out of pure curiosity, I lifted the top of the gameboy, and was illuminated by the shiny light within it, and a row of words that had been written out on it.

He then looked over at Jin, who was lying on his belly, covering his face, not saying a word or moving a muscle.

Namjoon held his Nintendo DS, switched it off for a moment, and turned it back on. The sound of it turning back on had caught Jin's attention, but the younger hadn't turned back to look at who had taken his gameboy.

Although his Nintendo DS was something that Jin valued the most in the orphanage, and is the one thing that he often fought over to have, whenever the smaller kids would take it away from him, he didn't even flinch when he heard someone had taken the gameboy.

He was so down, that didn't bother to even look at the person who had taken the gameboy away from him.

After a few minutes, his DS was returned to him, and the only way the boy noticed it, was when a hand had caressed his back, showing him a closed Nintendo DS. He turned over and stared at Namjoon, who was sat down, beside him.

"Namjoon?" The younger sniffled, immediately sitting back up on his bed when seeing the adult. Namjoon held his Nintendo DS and handed over to him, with a smile.

"Open it." Jin started to whine at Namjoon, refusing to open the gameboy.

"Why. There's no use, I already know what's written on it." He complained, pouting at Namjoon. His eyes traced Namjoon's hands when they guided his own, to the gameboy, encouraging him to open the screen and view it.

Jin held the Nintendo in his hands and lifted the top of the screen, staring back at a completely different scene of what he had written down on it before. For awhile, the boy was left confused.

"I don't... I don't get it."

The tiny screen blinded him as he took a second look at it, and was still unaware of what the message meant

The tiny screen blinded him as he took a second look at it, and was still unaware of what the message meant. So, Jin asked Namjoon about it, and the man stood up.

"Now, I'm only standing up, just in case you hit your head against the roof of your bunk bed. Or I myself. So, Jinnie..."

"What's going on?" Jin questioned, slowly standing up from the bottom of the tiny bunk bed he was lying down on.

"You're coming home with us, today. We adopted you!!" Namjoon was prepared to hear Jin scream, or jump around with joy. But the boy caught him off guard when he ran towards him and jumped directly onto him.

Namjoon laughed, cuddling the boy in his arms.

"A- are you serious!?" Jin asked, still unable to comprehend the fact that he had just gotten adopted. But Namjoon told him again and again, making it sound more real to him. And it was then that he knew, his dream had become a reality.

"Yes. I've never been more serious in my entire life! You're my son. You're my Jinnie!!"

Jin let out a scream that was loud enough for everyone in the orphanage to hear.

"Seokjin! WAIT! Wait, a minute!" Namjoon began to laugh loudly, when Jin started to run around the hallway. Minji was standing right in the middle, when she noticed Jin was running straight at her.

"Jinnie?" In a matter of seconds, the boy had wrapped his arms around the woman's body, hugging her. She yelped, out of surprise. Then later on, when Jin had relaxed, Minji cuddled him, along with Namjoon.

"Are you happy, Jin?" The man asked, brushing the boy's strands of hair with his hand. It
took almost no time for Seokjin to nod. His smile was no longer on his face, but he proudly wore it in his heart.

"Then, let's go home." The word "Home" almost sounded surreal to Seokjin. He's been longing for this moment for so long, that he was unsure if he was nervous or excited about seeing Namjoon and Minji's apartment, let alone, staying with them.

But he understood why he had to wait to get adopted for such a long time.

He was waiting for the right parents to adopt him. And he knew for sure that Namjoon and Minji were the perfect ones.

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥