31 🍼

Jin was surprised at how big the playground was. He walked alongside Namjoon, as his father and him stared at the happy people. There were kids of all ages, and Jin decided to play with the kids ages 5 and under.

When he parted ways from Namjoon for a split second, he was lost running around after the small children. One little girl in particular reminded him a lot of Soo A. He couldn't help but remember the sweet little girl who he grew up with.

Soo A and Jin had been together in the Orphanage ever since Soo A was a baby. Jinnie watched her grow, day by day, and they grew attached to each other like siblings.

Jinnie misses her, dearly. But he knows that Minji and Namjoon will eventually adopt her as well, so that made him feel very happy. The thought of having a little sister to play with brought a smile to his face.

"Okay, I got the tickets, now we can- Jin? Is this son of mine a ghost!? How come I always lose him?" The person who gave Namjoon his tickets started laughing.

"I'm serious! He's always getting lost!" He giggled, then thanked the woman who had given him the tickets, and ran off to find his son.

"Jinnie!!" In no time, he received a response. Jin knew Namjoon's voice very well already, and he could tell that Namjoon was searching for him.

"Appa Joonie! I'm over here!!!" The young boy was so excited, that he didn't notice there was a large sandbox lying on the ground in the middle of the playground. He tripped over it and started to run around subconsciously.

Namjoon ran after him, and broke his fall by catching him in mid-air. Jin's eyes widened as he held the man, tightly.

"Are you okay? Don't run around like this, you could get hurt, Jinnie." Jin bowed his head, nodding at Namjoon, as the adult scraped the sand off of his jacket, and made sure Jin was alright.

But soon, a group of teenage boys passed by Jin and Namjoon on skateboards, and began to point at Jin making fun of him for falling.

"Ha! HA! Loser!"

"Awww, is he going to go cry to his mommy? Mommy! Mommy!" They all teased.

Namjoon was, of course, disturbed and angered by their comments, but he acted like a real parent and protected Jin against the rude teens.

"Hey, get out of here! Leave him alone." He waved his arms in the air, standing tall against them, but they didn't seem intimidated one bit. They found Namjoon's bravery foolish and continued to bully Jin, since they now thought of him as an easy target.

"A grown man who needs to be protected by his daddy, huh? Look at his 'big boy' jacket." They noticed how large the jacket looked on Jin's skinny, petite body, and continued picking on him.

By now, Jin was very scared and on the verge of tears. He cried easily over anything, and the way that the boys were approaching him was making him shiver. Aside from fearing being hit by any of them, Jin was also feeling pain in his knees.

Namjoon grabbed his hand and ran away with him to another place within the park. Kim had a slight limp, but he never said anything to his daddy, to not worry him.

He just focused on running until they were safe and far from the teenagers.

"Sweetheart, don't listen to those boys. They're mindless brats with a brain the size of a pebble." Jin nodded at the adult, hugging him, tightly. Namjoon wrapped his arms around him, patting his back, softly.

The boy was shaking, his heart was racing with the fear of getting hurt by the tough looking kids, who were wearing ripped jeans, snapback caps, and sleeveless shirts that showed off their muscular arms.

"T-they were going to hit me, A- Appa Joonie. Everyone hits Jinnie... Everyone..." The tears he was trying to hold in, had now spilled out of him in the form of silent sniffles that made him look feeble. Namjoon wished he could have given the older kids a lesson, but he knew that violence was not the answer.

That and the fact that he could get into trouble by hurting someone younger than him. He wasn't an abuser. If anything, Namjoon was one of the softest human beings ever.

But if anyone dared to mess with his son, or wife, he wouldn't hesitate in knocking them out.

After what just happened with Jin, he swore to himself to never let it happen again. Not to him, to Minji, or to anyone else he cares about.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, Jinnie. I'll protect you from now on, son. I promise." He refused to leave Jin alone, and Jin didn't run away this time. He stayed right by his side and slowly walked alongside him.

However, as his dad continued to walk, Jin stayed behind, and the adult noticed it when he saw that the boy was limping again. He stopped walking and headed over to Jin, who forced himself to stop limping, acting as if he were fine.

But Namjoon was quick to notice the fault in Jin's left leg and asked him if he had hurt himself when he fell, to which the boy responded with a simple "No," even if he still continued to limp afterwards, whining silently.

"Jin, are you sure? Nothing feels broken? Can you bend your leg like this?"

He demonstrated a quick action to the boy, and urged him to copy the movement he had just done with his left leg. Jin did it, and completed the action with his right foot... But when he tried it with his left, he yelped loudly, and it was then that Namjoon realized he had injured himself when he fell.

"Let's take you to the hospital." The man insisted on taking his son to get his foot checked, but Jin denied it again and again, refusing to leave the park.

"I'm okay, Appa Joonie, I'm..." Jin's eyes widened as his body began to weigh on him.

"JIN!"

(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩ )っ