10 🍼

The man was left completely speechless. He would have never imagined that someone as sweet and shy looking as Seokjin would have such a traumatizing childhood and painful past.

It almost made him want to cry, but he didn't. He held his head up high, fixing his jacket while the woman distributed deeper information on the poor boy's past.

"He ran away the week after he had been adopted, and ever since then, whoever wanted to adopt him ended up turning him down, when finding out about his false condition, Hypomania. It truly pains us to have to make Seokjin fake having a condition that real people suffer from. But we had no other choice. We tried everything else to keep people away from him. Especially Nanami, who would do the impossible to keep every child in this place safe." Namjoon suddenly had the impulse to stand up and walk away.

"Where is Nanami? Please, take me to her." He spoke, pacing down the hallway that was crawling with kids, and adults who were playfully bonding with them.

"Nanami is not in a good condition to talk right now." Though the woman tried to keep the peace, Namjoon wasn't going to leave without seeing the famous 'Nanami' lady that she had spoken to him about, and insisted on talking to her before going.

"Please, just allow me to see her for five minutes. Five minutes, and I'll leave you alone."

The young woman had no choice but to nod and grant Namjoon access to her office.

"Nanami, there's someone here who would like to talk to you." An old woman squinted her eyes and turned her head to stare at a tall man who was standing a few miles away from her bed. Namjoon wasn't expecting the woman to be lying down on a bed, so that caught him off guard for a moment.

"Please, have a seat so you won't get tired of standing there." She replied, coughing. Namjoon gently walked over towards her and sat down on the chair the old woman had politely offered him to sit on.

"Have you come here to adopt a child, young sir?" She asked with a raspy voice, clearing it out to speak her best for Namjoon to understand what she had to tell him.

"Yes, madam, I have." Namjoon sweetly replied, feeling his heart soften while talking to her. He always had a sweet spot for the elderly. He found them very wise and sweet to others, so he respected them very much.

That's just how Namjoon's parents had raised him: To respect others in order to gain respect from them as well.

But regardless of respect, Namjoon has always been kind to everyone he meets. His kindness is one of the many reasons why Minji chose to marry him.

"And which little boy or girl do you wish to adopt today mister... Umm?" Namjoon's eyes widened as he began to introduce himself at the old woman.

"Namjoon. My name is Kim Namjoon." He smiled, sweetly.

"Well, Namjoon. Who caught your attention?" She smiled back, the most she could. Namjoon's smile faded away, momentarily while he prepared to have a serious talk about Seokjin, with the woman.

But first, he wanted to test her, to see what would happen if he spoke about adopting Jin.

So, he cleared his throat and closed his eyes, mentally preparing himself to talk about the young boy, and what his plans were on adopting him.

"Yes, there was one who caught my attention. His name is Kim Seokjin." The woman's smile also faded away, and her gaze turned into nothing but a worrisome look that confused Namjoon.

"That boy is a very special boy. He suffers from a mental condition called Pyromania-" She choked up and changed her answer before Namjoon even had time to process what she had previously said.

"Pyromania! Pyromania is the word. Yes, that's the word I was looking for. Sadly, he suffers from that disorder." Namjoon stared at her, getting to the bottom of exposing her
for faking Seokjin's condition.

"Really? And what happens to him? What does he get with Pyromania?" He questioned, noticing how nervous the old lady was becoming. She relaxed herself and quickly began to explain what the boy goes through with Pyromania.

"Well, it starts off by him having this impulse to set things in fire. Then-" Her lips started to quiver, making her stutter, slightly.

"Then he becomes really, really hyperactive and starts to sprint around! After he's had his manic episode, he will hide in kitchen and steal food from the kitchen. Can you believe that child?" Namjoon placed both hands on either side of the seat the old woman had offered him to sit on earlier, and gave her a quick nod before standing up.

"Yes, I can believe Seokjin. But I believe the boy when he says that he isn't any of those things! Can you believe that!" He smiled, giving the woman an attitude. The crease in her glabella suddenly deepened, earning her an angry frown as she positioned herself up on the bed, groaning and breathing heavily.

"It takes me a lot of effort to even sit up on this bed, as you can see." She coughed, holding her chest. Her wheezing had made her reach out for a glass of water, which Namjoon kindly handed over to her, out of politeness.

But the man wasn't happy at all. He wasn't angry, either. He was just confused, and in need of answers from her.

"Why would you lie about him having Hypomania, or any of those conditions you just listed." The young man asked, zipping his jacket up. He felt cold within the room she was in. He could tell that the heating system wasn't working very well in the orphanage.

"Now I know why Jin always keeps his hoodie on. Poor little guy, he must get cold in this place." He was snapped out of his thoughts on Jin when the lady started talking again. This time, however, her tone of voice had become deeper, and she her facial expressions appeared rather poker-faced, than the joyful smile she had worn earlier.

"It's true, I lied about the boy having that condition, and many others as well. I didn't want him to get adopted by anyone else."

"But why? Why would you do that to him when he needs a family?" Namjoon frowned, lowering his head to face the woman.

A sudden confession that accidentally escaped her mouth had answered all of Namjoon's questions in just a simple sentence, "Because he's my son!" Namjoon understood everything, but remained with a doubt in the back of his head.

"If she adopted Jin, then why does she have him for adoption in the first place?"

Suddenly, the silhouette of a young boy reappeared from the entrance of a door. Yet he didn't run away like he had done before, he ran inside of the room and stood beside Namjoon, staring at the woman.

"Nana... I want Namjoon to be my daddy."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥