38 🍼

Jin's POV:

The kids were so sweet to me. I felt right at home when I was back at the Orphanage. My leg was very stiff, but it wasn't hurting me like before. However, I was still walking with a slight limp.

When the kids saw me wearing a cast, they were all worried. But I told them that I was okay, and they placed their worry aside to talk to me.

Before I could initiate into a full conversation with them, however, I asked about very special person I wanted to see in particular.

"Where's Nana? I want to see her!" I looked at one of the adults in the room and a woman suddenly approached me, reaching out so that I could hold onto her hand. She told me that she would escort me to Nanami's room, and I was overwhelmed.

All I wanted to do was see her.

"Jinnie, when we reach her room... You have to be very calm, okay, sweetheart? Nanami has been stressed these days, and her heart is very weak. But don't worry, she'll be alright once she gets enough rest." I frowned. Knowing this about Nanami made me want to see her even sooner.

I care a lot about her. She's always cared about me, now it was my turn to take care of her. The kind lady lead me towards her, and as I entered the room, I felt saddened to see how weak she had gotten.

She was smiling at me, sitting in a wheelchair with her arms open. I was very excited to see her, but I didn't want to cause her trouble, so I kept myself calm on the inside while softly leaning in to hug her.

"My Seokjinnie came back to see me. How have you been, my sweet child? And... What happened to your leg?" She frowned, caressing my cast with caution while staring down at it. I didn't want her to worry, so I told her that I had just gotten a minor injury at the park.

And when saying that, I remembered what Namjoon and I had gone through together.

"You came back... Jinnie, what happened? Did they hurt you? Mistreat you??" She asked me, and then the heaviness in my chest returned. I masked my pain by smiling at her, the best I could.

"Nana... Jinnie is okay. Jinnie just missed you... Jinnie loves you." I leaned over, hugging her again. Her embrace, her scent, and her soft hands... All made me feel safe again.

But I just couldn't hold back on releasing my warm tear droplets onto her shoulder, as she continued to keep me safe in her arms, the same way she used to do when I was a baby.

"N...Nanami, I... I ran away from them..." I admitted, whispering into her ear. She was taken back by this, but I've never hidden anything from Nanami. She is the only one I trust, and I have to release my inner thoughts, or they will eat me alive.

"I suspected you had done this again, baby Jinnie... It's okay, my sweetheart. Nanami is here for her baby, Nanami will protect you from now on." I felt vulnerable now while being wrapped up in her arms, almost as if I were an actual baby again. I wanted to be cradled, and held so badly.. Nanami always gives me comfort whenever I'm feeling down.

"Nana... P... Please don't leave me..." I begged, feeling this heaviness attack my chest again.

"Shh... Shh, there there. Now, Jinnie... I've grown weak these days, but I won't leave you so easily. We'll share more beautiful moments together, my child. Stay sweet, always be nice to others, and be a good boy." Her words weren't a farewell, but I felt as if she were beckoning me.

I don't understand why. But I didn't ask her why either. I just held her, feeling happier once again.

And then, my vision blurred.

"Be good, Jinnie."

"Nanami?"

"Such a good boy..."

"Nanami!!"

Her voice was so far from me now... I couldn't reach out to hold her hand anymore.

She couldn't keep me in her arms any longer...

That's when I realized the sad truth behind my happiness: It was all just a dream

By now, I had woken up, wrapped around white bedsheets, wearing a shirt I didn't have on before.

Soon, I noticed that Mommy Minji was sitting beside me on the bed, wiping a soft tissue across my face.

"Are you okay, Jinnie? You were crying in your sleep." My first instinct was to cuddle the white bedsheets, while nodding shyly at Mommy Minji.

"I'm okay, Mommy. I just had a bad dream... A dream that was too good to be true." I sighed, and a sob managed to escape my throat. As much as I tried to hide it... I was still in pain, and not just physically, but emotionally.

"Jinnie, Appa Joonie told me about what happened today." Of all the things that happened
to me today, all that was on my mind, I was thinking that Appa Joonie had told mommy about the confession I had made to him earlier.

I hid my face underneath the sheets, shivering in fear. Minji hovered over me, and softly hugged me, encouraging me to uncover my face again.

"It's okay, Jin. Son, those teens won't hurt you again. I promise." My head softly popped back up again, and I was met with Mommy's sweet, contagious smile.

"T...they won't? They won't hurt me anymore, M...Mommy?" She nodded, caressing my face, softly.

"OHHH, If they DARE hurt you again, I'll twist their undies in a huge, HUUUUUGE knot, so big that they'll be running home like this!! LOOK!" She stood up and held her hands behind her back, running around the room with a funny looking facial expression that was making me laugh.

"Is that a laugh I heard just now?" She gasped, smiling. I shyly nodded, hiding my smile as a tint of light red suddenly appeared on my soft cheeks.

"Oh... I bet I know how to make my sweet prince laugh even more!!" My stomach began to bounce as I giggled loudly when mommy Minji started to tickle me, softly.

"How does your leg feel, sweetie? I put some ice on it and elevated it on a pillow so that the swelling could go down." She admitted, patting on my shoulder. She's so caring.

"I feel less pain than before, Mommy Minji. It doesn't hurt that much anymore." My mom placed a kiss on my forehead, and I smiled at her.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you today, Jinnie. You must be hungry, huh?" I nodded, holding my stomach. Although, in reality, I didn't feel hunger. What I did feel was upset because of the dream I had.

"I'll help you get downstairs so you can eat dinner, then. Because the space in this room is too small for you to eat in. Come on, let's-" I started talking, interrupting her halfway as she turned the lights on.

"Can I stay in here for just a few minutes more... M...Mom?" I hesitated in asking. Minji tilted her head at me, showing concern.

"Oh... Alright then. But call me or Joonie if you want to get up, okay? Do you feel okay, Jinnie?" I nodded, smiling again, while squinting, frequently.

"I'm okay, Mommy Minji." With that being said, she turned around and left my room, leaving me on my own.

Soon, the feeling came back to me and I snuggled my sheets, sighing as my eyes reddened again. That night, no one figured I was crying, so I was able to mask the pain a little longer until my worry about what I had told Appa Joonie faded away.

"He probably still thinks I was joking... I'll keep him thinking that way from now on. He'll never find out the truth."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥