44 🍼

After Jin bathed and splashed around the tub, the one who truly ended up wet was his dad, after the boy encouraged him to battle him with the rubber duckies.

"Wait a minute- You did WHAT? Hahaha!! I never thought Jinnie would be the type to play with kiddie toys at his age... But it's more of a shock that YOU liked them too!!" Minji giggled, speaking to Namjoon over the phone.

"Minji... I was tricked. I swear, I was. He gave me this look that if I would've said "no", I would've regretted it. He's so adorable!" The couple started to laugh at Jin's irresistible cuteness.

"Ah, our son truly is wonderful, my love." Minji kept on talking, but Namjoon stopped once he heard another voice on the other end of the call, besides hers, laughing along with them.

Namjoon found it strange, and worrisome. So, he questioned Minji about it, and asked her about the voice.

"Hey... Babe, who's in the car with you? Is it your little brother?"

"Nope. Hmm, can you guess who it might be, Joon?" She started cracking up, and the tiny voice beside her started laughing as well. Namjoon's eyes widened.

"Wait a minute, wait just a minute. What's going on? Who is that?... M...Minji? Minji?!" Namjoon was dumbfounded, staring down at his phone, which was now in blank after Minji hung up on him out of nowhere.

A few minutes later, his phone buzzed, and an incoming video chat popped up on his screen. It was from Minji. Namjoon quickly answered it, and stared at her, confused.

"Where are you now, honey? Are you on your way home, or... WHAAAAT? Hold up-" Minji and a little girl next to her couldn't hold their laughter in any longer, and started to giggle
non-stop.

Minji was softly combing through the sweet, angelic looking girl's hair, as the little girl held onto her, waving her tiny hand at the camera.

"Minji, how is Soo A with you? I don't understand this. Don't you need TWO parents to adopt a child, not one?" The man asked, looking at his beautiful wife and a cute, bright little girl, who's eyes were shining with joy.

"Hear me out, Joonie: So, I went to the hospital and started to treat my patient. The poor man was barely breathing, he was in desperate need of help. Unfortunately, I had to intubate him, because he simply could not breathe on his own anymore.

After we moved him out of the Intensive Care Unit and placed him in an isolated room, we spoke to his wife, who was around your sister's age. Much younger than I was, perhaps around nineteen or twenty-three-years-old. She spoke to me, and told me that she had adopted a child named Kim Soo A recently.

I was shocked to hear this. But what shocked me even more, was when she spoke about returning her to the adoption center, because of her husband's condition. She didn't want her to suffer alone in there anymore, and of course, I didn't either.

We had this long conversation, I told her about my miscarriages... She told me that she had also had one, recently as well. And I took pity upon her.

She was so young looking, I couldn't believe everything she had gone through. And now, with her husband sick in the hospital, she felt absolutely disoriented.

As we spoke, she admitted to feeling guilty when adopting Soo A, because 1. Her financial situation isn't going too well. Her job wasn't paying her enough, and since her husband was ill, he couldn't help out in working either, because of his condition.

And 2. She didn't want to give Soo A such a rundown life, because she knew that's what would lie ahead of her, when living in their home.

She wouldn't get a proper education.

She wouldn't eat properly.

Their house wasn't built to support three people. She told me many many more things, and that was a mouthful to take in. But right after knowing about this... Well, she ended up giving her up to me.

Tomorrow, we have to head right back to the adoption center to tell them about this, and
officially adopt Soo A... But for now, she's our daughter, Joonie!" Her husband was more than joyful when hearing about this.

He was beyond excited. Although, having Soo A living with them meant that some arrangements would have to be done around the apartment, Namjoon told Minji not to worry about it at all, and that he would take care of everything before she would return.

"REALLY? Are you sure you can handle this alone?"

"Don't worry about a thing, my dear. Your handy man will have this house all fixed up and turned into a castle so that our little princess could sleep peacefully in her kingdom. Okay?"

Minji nodded, smiling at her husband. She was more than happy to hear about this.

"Alright, we'll leave you to work on that castle then, handy man. I love you, honey. Say bye to daddy, sweetie!! Wave at him like this!" Minji and Soo A started to beckon Namjoon by blowing soft kisses at the screen.

"Bye bye, Daddy! See you soon!!" Namjoon and Minji hung up at the same time, after ending their warm, wholesome call with a wave.

"She's so precious!! Oh, Jinnie's going to be so happy. JINNIE!! JINNIE, SOO A IS- Jinnie? What's this, kiddo?" Namjoon turned around and furrowed his eyebrows at Jin, looking at the young boy who was handing him a stuffed teddy bear.

"Appa Joonie... Can Jinnie still keep him when Soo A comes home?" The adult found it odd and sort of domestic that Jin was so attached to such a cute little brown bear.

 Can Jinnie still keep him when Soo A comes home?" The adult found it odd and sort of domestic that Jin was so attached to such a cute little brown bear

He caressed Jin's head, snuggling him, softly. The boy held the bear close to his chest, squeezing it, slightly.

"Why do you want to stay with him, baby Jinnie? Because he's cute?" The teen pouted, shaking his head at Namjoon.

"No... Because he smells like you, daddy."

♥*♡∞:。.。 (^.^) 。.。:∞♡*♥