Life Is A Party Dude

I was sleeping peacefully in my bed, when I heard a familiar voice, yelling at me. "Wake up, Dale!" It was my best friend, Rhonda Ellis. My eyes were half open, looking at her curly, blonde hair, and chocolate brown eyes. "Get out of bed, you lazy bum!" she demanded, playfully.

"I was taking a nap, Rhonda!" I protested, getting up. "I was having such a peaceful nap, and you had to ruin it, with your loud voice!"

"Shut up, my voice ain't loud!" beamed Rhonda, playfully hitting me on the shoulder. "My voice is soft, as a kitten's meow!"

"Sure, whatever you say!" I chuckled.

"Don't you want to come to Zack's party?" asked Rhonda.

"I wanted to spend a nice, quiet night at home," I said.

"You party pooper!" pouted Rhonda. "Please come! I'll give you a ride!"

"I'll pass," I said.

"There will be food, dancing, and games!" said Rhonda, hoping to win me over. "Come on, buddy! Please? For me?"

"Nah," I said.

"Please, buddy!" said Rhonda, giving me the puppy dog eyes, and whimpering like a sad puppy.

"Aw, how I can resist, when you give me those puppy dog eyes?" I chuckled. "Fine, I'll go!"

"Yay!" exclaimed Rhonda, jumping up and down. "The sad puppy eyes gag works every time!"

"Yeah, it never fails," I remarked, with a trace of sarcasm in my tone. "Might as well spruce myself up for the party."

"Great!" said Rhonda. "I'll be in the car, waiting. Hurry up, now!" And with those words, I watched her leave my house, walking back down the stairs, in her shiny, black boots, that matched the color of her dress, and skirt. I quickly went in the bathroom to freshen up, comb my smooth, brown hair, and sprayed some cologne on. I quickly fed my cat, and left my house, locking the front door. Rhonda honked the horn, impatiently.

"I'm coming!" I said. "Jeez!" I got in her red, 1987 Lincoln Town Car, and buckled up. She drove us to Zack's house, and we listened to the song Pretty Things by Maxwell.

We made it to Zack's house, where a bunch of cars were lined up in a row. I got out of the car, and I heard the music booming from outside. I rang the doorbell, and Zack opened the door. "Dude, what's up?" said Zack, with a cup of Mountain Dew. "Come on in, and help yourself to some food!"

I got 3 slices of meat lover's pizza from Sam's Pizza House, and a can of orange Fanta. Rhonda got 2 slices of pepperoni pizza, and a can of Wild Cherry Pepsi.

After I was done eating, I just sat there. "Come on and dance, Dale!" yelled Rhonda, over the loud music. "Have some fun!"

"Maybe later!" I yelled back.

"Party pooper!" Rhonda pouted again, making pouty lips.

"Fine!" I sighed. I got up, and danced to the song Sorry Ms Jackson, by Outkast. Rhonda sang along to the lyrics.

"I'm Sorry Ms Jackson!
I Am For Real!"
Never Meant To Make You Cry Now!
I Apologized A Thousand Times!"

Just then, the phone rang. Zack turned the music down, and it was his cousin. He got word that his uncle was in the hospital. His mood turned somber. "Guys, the party is over. I have to visit my uncle in the hospital. He just had a heart attack," said Zack, his voice cracking.

"I hope he's okay!" gasped Rhonda. Everyone filed out of his house, but I decided to take some pizza on a to go plate. But, deep down inside, I was kinda glad, that the party ended. I didn't want to be here, anyway. But, I kept it to myself.

A/N For Brenda and Skye's Monthly Contest #6. This was based on a story by XCloudy_SkyeX which was Something Just Like This.