Chapter 2: Golden lion

Su Ce's first reaction was to retreat but when his palm touched something wet, he found that behind him was a lake and he's at the edge of it.

The one who licked him before, who was currently not moving, is a lion.

Su Ce looked up and saw clearly. This big fella is more than three meters long and two meters high, its body was covered in golden yellow. The mane in its neck was like the burning sun, very dazzling. It's like when he touches it, he could feel the blazing temperature. It also looks so powerful. The muscle lines are so smooth, every movement seems to have a golden liquid flowing.

If it wasn't for this situation, if it wasn't knowing that his life was under the control of this big fella, Su Ce would probably liked it very much. But now, he could only watch vigilantly. Then think carefully about the way to escape.

The golden lion crooked its big head and looked at Su Ce with the same golden eyes. It didn't seem malicious though... On the contrary, there was some closeness into it.

Su Ce thought of the action the lion had just made to him. He hesitated for a moment, then held out a hand. The lion's eyes clearly showed joy. It calmly stepped over and licked his hand.

“...Big guy,” Su Ce whispered.

The lion approached and lay slowly beside him.

Although he didn't know why, but Su Ce could see that the lion didn't want to hurt him. So, he thinks about the important matter now. Where is he?

No matter how famous that newly built hot spring village is, it's impossible to keep a lion protected by its state inside. Moreover, such a big lion was obviously not of any kind that has ever been found. Otherwise such a bright fur color alone will definitely cause an uproar.

Su Ce propped himself up and slowly stood up. He doesn't feel any discomfort, no injury either. But Yang Han who had been in the hot spring with him, was gone. Looking back, he didn't see the shallow hot spring behind him. Instead he's on a wide huge lake surrounded by trees.

It's almost like...almost like an enlarged version of that little courtyard on the hot spring!

When Su Ce stood up, the lion followed him, step by step. He didn't dare taunt it. Su Ce let it follow him. He also urgently needs to know where he is. If possible, he wants to find his Senior... If this is a real forest, it's too dangerous for his Senior to be alone here!

With the last trace of doubt in his heart, Su Ce touched the bark of the tree closest to him. It really was real. Next to it was a tree stump whose upper part had been broken by something. His touch with the growth rings also felt very real, and the number of turns... from his rough calculation, it was not less than a few hundred turns. If there was such a big age of trees, it's impossible for a hot spring village to make a decoration on the courtyard...

He sighed and could only walk one step at a time.

Su Ce walked on the south side of the forest. He wanted to find the way out of the forest in the simplest way. If he could find anyone, he could just ask again. As for the lion beside him... Su Ce looked at it. Is its face a little flattering?

It's probably evening by now. There were only snow-white clouds in the sky. Most of the trees of this forest are weird in shape. They're also very tall and sturdy. Any trees seemed to be as tall as ten meters and as thick as several people holding together.

Su Ce, with his back straight, walked slowly along the south, followed by a majestic lion. He was clearly looking for the road but he didn't seemed impatient at all, as if he was just walking in an office building.