Chapter 3: Foraging

The next moment, Su Ce’s face darkened.

Falling from the tree was obviously too much movement. His bath towel which was originally tied to his waist, floated down and left him completely in a crash.

In other words, he is now □□.

Then he sneezed.

Sure enough, he wore too little...

The lion carefully shook Su Ce off his back and didn’t forget to use its front leg as a support. Su Ce was a bit embarrassed. But since the lion did so, he grabbed his leg and stepped it to the ground. He quickly runs to the place where the bath towel falls, picks it up and swiftly encircles it around him.

To this end, he didn’t see the burning eyes of the lion staring at his back.

When he turned around, the lion swooped over and held him between his legs.

Su Ce looked up and saw the lion’s eyes were warm, not fierce.

Sighing, Su Ce heard his stomach growl again.

The lion took a step back and another step back, looking a bit reluctant. However it quickly ran to the other side and threw something in front of Su Ce— “Peng”, a sound of dust flying.

Su Ce looked and found that it was a wild deer animal with a severed neck. It’s also quite large, even larger than the lion.

The lion pushed the deer with its legs towards Su Ce. Its eyes were bright. Seemed like there were some... pleased?

Su Ce doubted he’d read it wrong. But understood what the lion meant, “...Big guy, for me?”

The lion looked at him as if it understood but also it didn’t seem to understand. Seeing that Su Ce didn’t move, the lion pushed the deer again.

Su Ce walked over and touched the deer. He saw the lion’s encouragement— he didn’t know why he could see it was encouragement.

His stomach was so hungry. And it seems like the lion wants to feed him. Su Ce then prepared, he’s going to grill the deer’s skin and roast its meat.

He carefully reached onto the deer’s fractured neck and tried to tear it first... It suddenly occurred to Su Ce that, as a human, he didn’t have that much strength to tear it open. He was really confused just now.

Su Ce doesn’t have any sharp tools. It’s impossible to peel. He looks around and tries to find a sharp branch. Just then, his eyes fell on the golden lion’s toes...

Each one has very sharp nails.

Considering he’s very much starving and the lion seemed to have extraordinary kindness to him, Su Ce decided to ask for help.

“Big guy, come here.” Su Ce tried to wave at the lion.

Immediately afterwards, the lion shook his tail as if having a good time—he really didn’t want to think so— and ran to him, its fiery eyes look at him expectantly. Su Ce pointed to the deer, “Big guy, help me tear this deer’s skin, okay?”

The lion’s head tilted. It didn’t understand.

Su Ce was somewhat unconsciously relieved. He did thought this lion was a creature with human genes that’s made by scientific researchers. That’s just cruel.

Su Ce thought that since it didn’t understand but the lion looked smart, he might as well give a demonstration.

He squatted down and made a “tear and pull” move. He looked at the lion. The lion was also looking at him. So, did it understand?

It turned out the lion understood.

It immediately rushed over with a squeaking noise, raised its front paw and “shua shua” twice. The deer was torn apart!

Su Ce told himself that it’s not easy for the lion to do this.

The lion turned his head. Its face weirdly inviting, then walked to Su Ce, bowed its head and arched its belly.

Su Ce reached out and rubbed the hair in its head. The lion squinted and snored, then lay down slowly. Su Ce went to pick up a few minced meat and put them together. So when he could make a fire, he’d roast and eat.

First, pile up some dry leaves then pick up some stones. Su Ce knocked them hard. The Martian sand rustled everywhere, hitting the leaves and immediately started burning. Then the branches were used to string up the meat.

The texture of these meat seemed too pliable. He used his best strength and deliberately used the sharpest part of the branch but still couldn’t penetrate the meat. He could only pierce a small hole. Maybe it’s because the branch was very hard. Su Ce felt that there was little hope he could make this meal.

He heaved a sigh then continued his work.

All of a sudden, a round thing rolled on his feet. Su Ce saw that it was the fruit from the top of the tree he’d just watched. It was different from what he thought. From a closer look, it’s almost half-size of a water tank.

After a while, another one rolled in. Su Ce saw the lion’s grin and flicks its leg for the third roll.

Is it because it saw that I couldn’t get the meat well? Su Ce was moved. If it wasn’t for the lion, he would’ve stayed alone in the forest and didn’t know if he could survive. At least, food is the big problem. He was upset by the big bird who knocked him over from the tree. If the lion hadn’t caught him, he would’ve turned into a puddle of mud.

Su Ce holds the fruit with both arms. He found the fruit very soft. If he presses it down hard, it’ll be as shriveled as a ball. If he lets go, the peeled skin will restore and inside it should be fruit juice. Su Ce tried it by hand. The skin was thick. He probably couldn’t make a hole to drink the juice inside. Just as he thought about it, a strong leg reached out and its fingernails poked gently—

Milky juice rushes out. Su Ce felt even hungrier. As soon as he lowered his head, he gulped it up and soon satisfied his hungry stomach. There still more juice left. Su Ce couldn’t drink anymore so he took it with him, just like carrying a bag.

He thought about how high the tree he climbed. As far as he knows, although lions can climb trees, they’re not able to climb that high. How did this golden lion get the fruits for him?

His question was answered immediately.

Maybe the venison blood wasn’t processed in time, and the smell of blood attracted another beast, a leopard that’s smaller size than the lion. It stepped on an elegant and leisurely pace, lightly and cleanly pouncing after Su Ce!

Su Ce felt a flower in front of him. The lion, who was tired and lazy, sprang up. In an instant, the two wild animals fight fiercely together!

The lion’s head shook vigorously. The leopard was bitten by its front leg, but the leopard was also very cunning. It found that the enemy’s strength was too strong. It actually climbed up the tree quickly with the force of this fall! The lion immediately followed, two beasts chased each other, when finally they met on a thick branch— they stared at each other oppositely, then jumped at each other again!

It’s…really amazing.

Looking at the fierce fight between the lion and leopard, Su Ce saw the smooth muscle lines of the lion, the wild and fierce fighting skills, and saw the golden mane which seemed to shine brightly— he suddenly felt dazzled.

Finally, the king of the jungle belongs to the lion. That leopard, even if its claws are sharp as a knife, even if its tail is rigid as a whip, even if it’s so powerful, in the end it was still bitten. The blood spewed out like a blood rain… its body fell straight without any support.

Peng—” the flesh blurred.

The lion let out a wild roar on the branch, then jumped down!

Su Ce stood up in amazement. In his stupor, the lion changed rapidly!

With that fur off, the body suddenly stretched out. It seemed to grow then suddenly smaller. It became a long and strong man.

…What a big change!