Chapter 40: Sadness

Chapter 40: Sadness

Previous Chapter          TOC          Next Chapter

Su Ce had never been so worried.

How could he forget… How could he forget to ask Tan Tu. How long are the orcs’ lifespan? Still, even if he knew now, it was too late.

The average lifespan of an orc can exceed to eight hundred years… maybe even more if he is healthy enough.

If he had known this earlier, he would not have promised to be with Tan Tu.

When the most cherished people of oneself left, he knew how painful it would be for those who stayed behind… Su Ce covered his face silently.

Others were still excited about Rui Ensi and Ka Mai’s love declaration, but he couldn’t hear such complicated voices at once.

The thought that in a few short decades he had to leave Tan Tu alone lingered in his mind... He couldn’t even leave him a child.

Tan Tu is a one-track-minded big man. If he dies early, he knew this guy will be despondent.

Su Ce discovered that for the first time he was especially reluctant to leave.

Such simplicity, such enrichment, such warmth, and peace…

Everything he never found on the earth is here, yet such a life is based on another person’s suffering for many years which was really sad.

Tan Tu watched the crowd of onlookers gradually disperse as he also returned to their bonfire and lowered Su Ce from his shoulder.

This time, Su Ce’s expression was not different from usual.

The small beast’s head burnt from the fire. Tan Tu hurriedly turned it around and continued to turn the fire over again.

Su Ce applied the seasoning with spicy, salty, and hemp taste, as well as some fried bone oil. Soon after brushing several times, the fragrance of roasted meat mixed with spices gradually spread out…

Tan Tu tore off several large pieces of meat on the branch without fear of scalding and handed them to Su Ce who took them and nibbled at them, while Tan Tu picked up the remaining half of its head and quickly chewed it up.

The taste was really good… But Su Ce was completely out of the mood to eat. He originally attended here today to have a good time because a rare festival in the tribe has come which aroused his interest in primitive culture. Unexpectedly, it only caused him undue anxieties.

Su Ce wondered whether he should confess his life experience to Tan Tu. But on second thoughts, he dismissed the idea.

Even if he tells him, he won’t understand… Since this is the case, why should he tell him? It will just make one more person worry. Even though Tan Tu is a famous warrior, what ability does he have to prolong a person’s life?

Things have changed like this, what he should think now is how to live the rest of his years… and the decision on Tan Tu, about their marriage.

Rui Ensi and Ka Mai’s affair were still being discussed among all the people. Su Ce’s mind was totally different from others thoughts but his face still showed an expression of listening while silently excluding the noise from the world and falling into one’s thoughts…

The bonfire banquet lasted until late at night. When many males were drunk with endless jealousy, their partners took them home with good spirits and a good laugh—of course, they did not forget to send their sincere wishes to their dear Rui Ensi.