Chapter 34: Guests

“...What festival?” Su Ce looked up and asked.

Tan Tu pouted: “It’s a festival that many outsiders are coming to...” He put down the bowl, jumped up and went back on grinding.

Somehow Tan Tu felt a little hesitant. He spoke for a long time before Su Ce figured out what the festival was.

Fire Dance Festival.

It is also a relatively important event to communicate with other tribes. After contacting the Patriarchs of each tribe, they will decide which tribe to choose for the festival. At that time, people from other tribes will take their tribes to the carnival. At the atmosphere of barbecue and wine, males can also have more opportunities to pursuit.

This year is undoubtedly the one where Su Ce is located... a large tribe known as ‘Tiger’.

Strictly speaking, this is a good thing. In the Tiger tribe, there are more than three times as many as the females. Originally, there are more monks and less porridge*. When females from other tribes come, the males here exert their efforts to add population to the tribe.

*僧多粥少 (idiom) - in a state of scarcity

But Tan Tu doesn’t seem so happy... If he was afraid that Su Ce will be pursued by other males, but they are married, the orcs are loyal to their partners and in a monogamous system, what is there to worry about?

Su Ce raised this issue several times but Tan Tu refused to say it. This is something that has never happened before—so he’s considering whether to go out and ask others.

Speaking of that, Su Ce also rarely gone out since marrying Tan Tu. First, he was not fully familiar with the people of the tribe. Second, he was too busy. He had to be familiar the works he didn’t know well before.

After thinking about it, Su Ce decided not to tangle with this.

With Tan Tu’s assistance, the millet gradually ground into millet flour. The more detailed ones were packed in dry hide bags and piled in the kitchen. After two days, they will be made into cakes. Some of them could be fried together and taken as dry food for Tan Tu when he’ll go hunting. Speaking of this, a lot of meat was also made into dried meat. Tan Tu was also allowed to take them with him... Hmm...those white radishes also has to be dealt with.

Thanks to the life of a bachelor, Su Ce can make some home-cooked dishes, and at the same time...he can make pickled cabbage too.

As a good and simple thing for a bachelor to eat—and not easy to break—this is the key point, you can handle these white radishes all at once.

This is one of the reasons why Su Ce chose to plant this in the first place. After all, pickled cabbage is sour. When you get tired of eating meat, it will be much better with this.

So before that, Su Ce specifically asked Tan Tu to make several small jars—pottery—which were used by the males of the tribe to hold wine. However, the technology is still very crude.

There are not many people in the tribe who can burn this, but it really burns quickly. When Su Ce proposed it to Tan Tu, he moved back ten meters a meter high in two or three days. Now, looking at the pile of radishes, Su Ce began to be thankful that he had got two more pots than previously expected.

The method of making pickled cabbage is very easy. Seasonings and the like have already been prepared. Put the water in the pot and add the seasoning then add a vegetable to check the degree of soaking water. It’ll take about seven to ten days.

Although Su Ce was prepared, he only tried to soak the water five days ago and now it’s almost ready. Fortunately, although white radish can’t last long, there’s no problem waiting for two more days.