Chapter 5: Inference and overthrow

Su Ce watched the man stride towards him and couldn’t help but step back.

This reaction is subtly similar to the first time he saw the lion... However! You can’t ask an ordinary normal office worker to see such a strange situation without any reaction at all, can you?

The lion-turned-man showed an aggrieved expression when he saw his action.

Su Ce pushed his glasses, “I’m sorry, are you a lion or a human?”

The man rushed excitedly and stopped one meter in front of him.

What a big wind...

Su Ce put his hand on the towel that was about to float and asked again, ”What are you?”

The man smiled, “@¥#*&%¥#¥@#@!”

……That was fast.

Su Ce frowned slightly. He felt that the language wasn’t common but he seemed familiar with it. “Say it again slowly.” He said solemnly.

The man tilted his head, obviously didn’t understand.

Su Ce eerily remembered the lion just now... it wasn’t an illusion, even the actions are the same. So Su Ce decided to express it with actions.

First, he pointed to a stone. The man looked at him strangely and said one syllable. Su Ce nodded and secondly pointed to the tree next to him. The man uttered different syllable again.

Su Ce confirmed. He did know what the man said.

It should be a language called “Lā Wū”. When he promised his Senior to go to the hot spring that night, he was reading the original document of such language. He was fascinated by the rare words section of the library for a period of time when he was in college. There, he met a mentor who also loved rare words and eventually had certain contacts.

TN: Not sure what the language Lā Wū means. I just put the pinyin word there.🙂

And Su Ce got the information of this language from that mentor.

It is said that there is an old peculiar ancient rhythm but now an untraceable text circulating within an ethnic group. Su Ce was lured by this language and chose it for research and study. By the time he got out of University, he had begun to speak Lā Wū. Although the work that followed was very busy, once there was some spare time, Su Ce would come back to read some corresponding original documents. He didn’t expect to hear it from the lion turned man speaking out in this place where he didn’t know which experimental base this was.

Truthfully, if he didn’t really believe his eyes and judgements, he would think that this Lā Wū speaking man was a dream created by his too much love for primitive culture. And obviously, if it was really a dream, the place where he was scratched by the bark when climbing wouldn’t still feel burning pain.

Therefore, Su Ce believes that his short-lived speculation was correct— this guy who he doesn’t know whether it’s a lion or human should be genetically modified product.

Is it possible that the fused human genes belong to the Lā Wū ethnic group...

Considering that he don’t known whether the gene created by this guy was a larger proportion of human or of lion. Su Ce also doubted the intellectual problem of this guy. If it’s the former, its IQ may not understood too complicated things. So now, he wants to communicate with him. The key is to let him speak a little slower... How should he do it...

Su Ce decided to strike first. He thought it over and speak Lā Wū in a less fluent tone slowly, “Hello, okay, slow down, can you speak?

The guy blinked then nodded at once. “Okay. My name is Tan Tu. What’s your name?”