Chapter 38: Fire Dance Festival (1)

The Fire Dance Festival is a carnival day for all the orcs. As their favorite with primitive beast nature—courtship and hunting, it will be enlarged and become the theme of the festival.

As the sky darkened, the orcs gathered in the open space in front of the altar. The bonfire formed a huge animal head which was placed according to certain rules.

As a member of the tribe, Su Ce also needs to attend this gathering. Furthermore, as an earth person, he’s also very interested in festivals of different worlds.

He always felt that there is a kind of wild feeling in people’s veins whenever they are near the orcs…

Tan Tu held Su Ce’s hand tightly. He had to let outsiders know that this was his partner. Su Ce didn’t refuse him. His attention was focused on the orcs he had never seen before.

In addition to the Tiger and Maya tribes, Yi Ge, Di Luo, and Si Lei tribes also came here.

Their appearances was generally similar to that of the Tiger tribe where Su Ce is located, but there are also some subtle differences. This is probably due to environmental influences.

Yi Ge tribe are about half a head shorter than Tan Tu and others… probably as tall as Rui Ensi, the tallest female Su Ce had ever seen. With their smooth lines, it kinda seemed that he could feel a sense of rhythm.

Yi Ge and Di Luo tribes are similar in height, but they are broader in size, dark in color, and their muscles are embedded in their bodies, just like rocks, giving people a calm feeling.

The Si Lei tribe are slender, with the highest average height among all tribes. Their skin are relatively fair, and the overall feeling is also indifferent or gloomy, just like… Er Sen.

Su Ce watched, seemingly caught something.

Tan Tu seemed to understand Su Ce’s doubts. He looked down and explained to him, “Ah Ce, our beast types are different, but most of the orcs of similar nature form a tribe.”

Su Ce thought about it and said, “Be more specific.”

Tan Tu certainly answered. “Our Tiger tribe is dominated by male beasts. The beast types are usually tigers, lions, giant dogs, foxes, bears, etc. Ah-Er Sen belongs to scaly species. It’s good to live with us, but they like to go to places that are more… wetter, such as those inhabited by the Si Lei tribe—a very large and vast swamp.”

“Most of the people living in Si Lei tribe are scaly. Their beast types are usually snakes, giant lizards and so on. The Yi Ge are raptors because they live in high places, their beast are mostly hawks, eagles and vultures. The Di Luo tribe is relatively a special one. The males belongs to the sub-dragons species and are bipedal dragons.”

It even has two-legged dragon! Saying, isn’t this a dinosaur…

Well, since even orcs exist, it’s not so strange to have dinosaurs.

Su Ce nodded and asked, “What about the Maya tribe?”

He saw the males who surrounded themselves outside to protect those who are inside, and did not find anything special about them.

Tan Tu replied, “The male beast type of the Maya tribe is not inclined to which, it is considered a mixed type.”

This is probably due to their intermarriage with various tribe… Su Ce thought to himself.

While the two were talking, Patriarch Sa Ta and leaders from other tribes saluted the statue of the Beast God. After each recited the sacrificial words belonging to the tribe, the Fire Dance Festival officially began.