Chapter 9

*Jenna's POV*

I woke up before Jerome did. I usually wake up before him, it's weird. Well not really, he was more tired. I tried to fall back asleep but couldn't, so I got out of bed. Deciding that I was hungry, I walked down to the kitchen. Maybe I could find or make some pasta. I don't know, maybe canned soup? That was easy.

When I entered the kitchen I immediately started to go through the fridge. I turned around, leftover pasta in hand, and was face to face with Ryan. I almost screamed from the shock of him being there. It isn't everyday when you turn around and there is someone literally inches in front of your face. "What are you doing Ryan! You almost gave me a heart attack! Jesus!" I yelled and tried to move past him.

"Oh shut up Mitch" He said and I turned to face him, an evil smirk on his face. "My name isn't Mitch" I said, sounding agitated, which I was. Does he know? He can't know. Adam wouldn't tell anyone, especially not Ryan of all people... Right?

Ryan smirked at me like the asshole he is. "Uh huh okay Jenna... So when were you planning on telling poor Jerome the truth about where Mitch went, Jenna" Ryan said, making air quotations with his fingers whenever he said Jenna. "Mitch said not to tell him and what's with the air quotations?" I asked, all though I had a terrible feeling I knew exactly what was with the air quotations...

"Oh give it up Mitch, I know" Ryan said and I freaked out. "How do you? Who told you? Adam?" I asked and Ryan laughed. "Oh so Adam knows too? Mitch it's only a matter of time before Jerome finds out. Then he's going to break up with you. Then what? Then you're just a man trapped in a girl's body. Or you could save Jerome from feeling stupid and hurt if you just broke up with him for me, Mitch" Ryan said ever so suggestively.

"That is disgusting... You know that I'm Mitch... So why do you still want to go out with me?" I asked but Ryan never got the chance to answer. Jerome called out my name and I tried to answer normally, as if nothing was wrong.

"Jerome! Hi! So glad to see you" I said. Oh god, that didn't sound natural at all. I walked quickly to where he was, hoping he wouldn't see Ryan in the kitchen. Jerome furrowed his eyebrows at me and I smiled, trying to act as if everything was normal. I wished that everything was back to normal. I don't want to be Jenna anymore... I miss being Mitch.

Jerome took off towards the kitchen and Ryan was looking down at his phone. Please don't tell him anything. Please, Ryan. Please. "What did you do?" Jerome asked firmly and I prayed that Ryan would lie. "What are you talking about?" Ryan said and tried to make a move for the door. My nails dug into my hands as Jerome blocked him. No, Jerome stop! Let him leave for god sakes!

"What did you do? You know what I mean, don't play dumb" Jerome said firmly as I walked up behind him. "Nothing she's overreacting" Ryan said and tried to move for the door again. "What. Did. You. Do, Ryan?" Jerome asked and I placed my hand on his back. It was a shitty attempt of holding him back without holding him, I just wanted none of this to happen. I wished none of this had ever happened...

"NOTHING JEROME! GOD!" Ryan yelled and tried to push back Jerome, who didn't even budge. Jerome pushed Ryan back into the wall and held him there, saying sourly, "I'm not going to let you go until you tell me, Ryan" Ryan smirked down at Jerome. "Who says I need you to let me go?" Ryan said arrogantly, spitting a little. He kneed Jerome in the crotch and I winced. Damn that's gotta hurt.

Ryan tried to run away from Jerome but wasn't quick enough. He tackled Ryan to the floor and Ryan screamed as he fell down. I heard people come down the stairs, Adam and Ti appeared. "Jerome? Ryan! Jenna?!" Adam yelled and began helping Jerome with Ryan. That's when I lost it. I started crying with sobs so hard that they racked through my entire body.

Adam and Ti took Ryan from Jerome, who ran over to help me. "What happened?" He asked and I just ran into his arms, shaking my head, and collapsed onto him. I cried into his chest, sobbed really. This was it, I was going to loose Jerome if Ryan told him. Jerome wasn't gay and he would be freaked out that I'm Mitch. There was so much against me, why don't I have anyone rooting for me? Well, Adam is. But I don't like Adam like that.

Jerome scooped me up into his arms and began to carry me upstairs when Ryan broke free from Adam and Ti. "No matter what you do, I'll still know... Jenna" Ryan shouted as he ran downstairs, into the basement. Jerome ran me upstairs and set me down on the bed. He was practically steaming, he was so mad. He kissed my forehead and began to run downstairs. I sprung from bed and tried to plead him to stop.

"Jerome no. No, please. Please just leave him alone... Please Jerome!" I asked, sobs still escaping my lungs. Jerome looked at me, hanging onto him, out of breathe, and streams of tears running down my face. He wiped a couple tears away with the back of his hand. "Sorry Jenna... But he can't get away with making you cry" He whispered and left, running downstairs.

"No no no, Jerome! STOP IT!" I yelled after him and began running towards Jerome. I followed him all the way downstairs and outside of the room that Ryan was in. Jerome tried the door knob, thank goodness it didn't open, Ryan had locked it. I was still crying when Jerome pounded on the door, demanding to be let in. "Not until Jenna tells you either where Mitch is or her little secret. Right, baby?" Ryan said and I winced.

Jerome looked back at me, appalled. "Baby?" He repeated Ryan, tears in his eyes. "No, he's just messing with you. I would never go out with Ryan, he is a disgusting pig. I love you and I am so sorry..." I told Jerome and hugged him, tears pouring out of my eyes. Adam ran downstairs, shouting "Jenna do NOT do what I think you're about to do!" I looked sadly at Adam then up at Jerome.

I have to tell him, if I don't then Ryan will. "Jerome can I talk to you upstairs?" I asked and he nodded, staring Adam down and following me. He probably thought I had either cheated on him with Adam or Ryan. Oh if only it could be that simple...

We got upstairs and Jerome sat down on the bed, me sitting next to him. I had locked the door so that no one could get in. "So what do you need to tell me?" Jerome asked, his eyes threatening to spring tears. I couldn't do it... But I have to, I was going to loose Jerome. It was just a wish...