Chapter 26

*Jenna's POV*

"Hey Adam I'm so glad that you could meet me here" I smiled then took a sip of coffee as he replied. "No problem, Jenna. I'm glad you asked me here" He said and smiled a big, goofy Adam smile.

"So I'm having a couple issues regarding Mitch, Jerome, and Lachlan... Can you keep a secret or two?" I asked and Adam smiled warmly, nodding. "My lips are sealed"

(A/N: Just gonna write what they're saying.'J' is for Jenna and 'A' is for Adam. But hopefully you would've understood that anyways. Lol carry on now <3)

J: Okay so Mitch is still being kind of a douche regarding Lachlan and my relationship but at the same time he's trying to be nice, which I appreciate.
A: Uh huh
J: But Lachlan thinks Jerome still likes me and we're doing something behind his back, so he's kind of pissed off at Jerome...
A: He shouldn't stress over it, you and Jerome would never do anything
J: .....yeah about that...
A: Oh God... Jenna? What've you done?
J: Hey hear me out-
A: Okay, go on
J: Well I would have if you hadn't interrupted...
A: Jenna. Talk.
J: fine fine fine... So I was really upset at Lachlan for being jealous of Jerome- and Mitch and I were arguing at the same time about Mitch being overprotective. Jerome saw how upset I was getting and kind of dragged me away from the situation, he drove the two of us to the park where we talked about a lot of stuff...
A: What "stuff"?
J: Just why I was mad at Lachlan, stuff like that.
A: okay, what else happened?
J: Uhm... He kinda sorta kissed me...
A: Kinda? How do you kinda kiss someone? Either you did or didn't.
J: okay well he did
A: wait he kissed you?
J: Yes, Adam. Pay attention.
A: Sorry. What happened after that? Did you kiss him back?
J: ....
A: Jenna?
J: We made out.
A: Jenna!
J: Shut up Adam!
A: You're dating Lachlan, you can't kiss Jerome!!'
J: oh shut up Adam! I already feel like shit about it! You don't have to make me feel any worse!
A: Sorry... But still...
J: Still what?
A: Never mind
J: okay... What should I do?
A: about Lachlan, Jerome, or Mitch?
J: all of them.
A: Okay. You need to work things out with Jerome. Either fully commit to Jerome or Lachlan- don't string them both along. Also be careful how you approach Mitch if you choose to tell him. You know how hot headed he is. I don't know where your heart is, choose wisely between Jerome and Lachlan... Think every little detail through, Jenna... This very well might be the biggest decision you ever make.
J: I love how you don't make it seem like a big deal and stress me out Adam
A: Sarcasm?
J: what was your fist clue?
A: Anyways, treat the situation delicately. Listen to your heart but think about the people around you.
J: okay... Thanks Adam, I really appreciate you coming here
A: Anytime, Jenna.

(A/N: Okay going back to normal format now, adios babes (^-^))

Adam smiled at me as he stood up and threw away his empty cup. I waved goodbye to him with a grateful smile on my face as he walked outside and to his car. I took out my phone as I took another sip of my coffee. I looked down, seeing a text from Jerome.

Bacca: Where are you headed to?
Jenna: To see Adam.

I answered and he replied almost immediately.

Bacca: Please don't tell him about the situation... He'll tell Ti and Ti will tell Mitch.
Jenna: Too late...
Bacca: omg you told him?
Jenna: Yeah... Adam is a really nice guy and great friend, he helped me the same way that you helped me after my argument with Lachlan... Besides what happened after that...
Bacca: when will you be home? I want to talk.
Jenna: you really wanna talk at home?
Bacca: Good point. Where are you?
Jenna: Starbucks
Bacca: the one next to the house?
Jenna: yeah
Bacca: be there in a sec bye
Jenna: hokeyp bye bye

I waited for Jerome in the coffee shop. I watched a younger couple, they looked to be in their late teens, probably around seventeen. Not much younger then I am... I watched as they whispered sweet things to each other, you could just tell they were in love from the way they smiled at each other. I smiled sadly in their direction, happy that they had chosen each other but sad that I hadn't chosen my lover...

"Hey" Someone said above me. I looked up and watched as Jerome sat down in the chair where Adam had previously been sitting. "Hi" I said quietly, still watching the adorable couple out of the corner of my eyes. If only I could have a relationship like that... Well in a way Lachlan and I did, until Jerome screwed it up. And Jerome and I did, until Mitch screwed it up.

We both sat there in an awkward silence for a little bit, not saying anything. Until Jerome broke the silence, "So I've been thinking..." He started and stared intently at me, as if he was contemplating how I would take this, what I wanted, how I would react to him, and so much more. "Go on..." I urged, trying to take a sip of my coffee so I didn't have to say any more, even though there was practically none left.

"At this point... Right now... I'd be okay with whatever you wanted to do" Jerome said as I set the coffee down, looking into his eyes. "If you want to end this, pretend nothing ever happened- that's okay. If you want to come clean and tell Mitch and Lachlan, beg for their forgiveness- that's okay too. If you want to continue on the side... That'd be alright also...." Jerome told me. I know that he said he'd be okay with anything I wanted, but I could tell which option he was leaning towards. But I don't know if I can continue lying to Lachlan and Mitch...

"Jerome... I love you- you know that... But I also love Lachlan..." I said, trying to choose my words carefully. "I just... I don't know if I can continue lying to him... And if you really love Mitch as much as you say you do, then you'll understand what I mean... Right?" I asked, trying to take another sip of my coffee cup that was only filled with air.

"Why are you acting as if you love Lachlan more then me? Is that true?" Jerome asked suddenly, looking like he regretted it as soon as it left his bearded lips. I thought for a moment. Who do I love more? Jerome or Lachlan? "I... I don't know Jerome" I said, suddenly becoming angry at Jerome for making things complicated, angry at Lachlan for making me fall in love with him, and angry at myself for not being able to decide.

"Well who do your instincts tell you to go with?" Jerome prodded. "I just don't fucking know, Jerome!" I exclaimed, louder then I'd meant to. "Jenna... Please... I need you... I love you" Jerome whispered, grabbing my hands across the table. I shook him off of me, trying not to look into his eyes, for the fear that he would hypnotize me once again...

"I just don't know Jerome" I whispered as I stood up, grabbing my hand bag, throwing away my empty coffee cup. I practically ran out the door as if the building were on fire, not looking back as I heard Jerome call my name. I hopped into my car and began driving home.

I made the mistake of glancing back inside of the coffee shop. Jerome stood there at the large, clear window. With tears in his eyes as he watched me drive away...