8: Wake-Up Call

I let out a soft yawn and rolled over my eyes opening slowly. All in all yesterday had gone quite well; my team had even beaten Kale’s in football by a single field goal. My heart beat quickened and my senses became alerted as I felt the sheet over me shift ever so slightly. I opened my eyes to see Kale laying beside me, eyes focused on mine. “What the hell?!” I yelped in utter surprise as I scrambled out of the bed and looked down at him.

“I thought you said you wake up at five? It’s four fifty seven, you were three minutes off.” He laid casually on top of the sheets Thank god in a pair of long navy blue workout shorts.

“How long have you been in here?” I asked in an annoyed tone, my heart still thudding.

“Long enough to discover you are absolutely adorable when you sleep. Which is funny because I have seen lots, and I mean lots, of girls sleep and none have actually looked cute. But you look so peaceful with your eyes closed and that soft little breathing moan you do on occasion.” He smirked up at me resting his arms under his head. “Not like you look now though. You are one hot piece of ass.”

I grimaced at his words and suddenly felt awkward standing there in my purple lace panties and lacey purple nightgown that barely came half way down my thighs. “You need to get out.”

“The door was opened. I knocked but I didn’t want to wake you up.” He sat up his gaze at me making me more uncomfortable by the second. If the term ‘undressing me with his eyes’ was ever called for it was now. Oh god. At least put your robe on dipshit. Sure he’ll see you in less if he ever catches you swimming but a dark bedroom in lingerie isn’t exactly the situation a step sister and step brother to be should be in.

“What did you come in for?” I asked weary of his answer as I stepped towards my dresser.

To my dismay he jumped to his feet and cut me off blocking my path to the dresser, his hazel eyes landing everywhere on my but my face. “I came to see if you wanted to go on a run with me seeing as you wake up at five anyways. Fuck you’re hot.” The last bit causing a smug smile to creep onto his face.

“If I say yes will you stop blocking my way?” I asked impatiently nervously pushing my hair from my eyes.

“Deal.” He said and stepped aside. I walked past him aware of his eyes on my ass as I made my way to the dresser. So having a big room has it’s downsides too. I thought as I opened the drawers and pulled out a bra and pantie set along with a pair of work out shorts and a cut off cami being careful not to bend over the entire time.

As I had feared would happen, Kale came up behind me and the moment I felt his warm hand gingerly touch my thigh I darted away and locked the bathroom door behind me. “You don’t have to be that way. I know you want me.”

He said through the door as I heard him lean against it. “Sorry to crush you ego but I don’t want you Kale. You’re going to be my step brother soon and on top of that you are a total asshole.”

“It’s okay though baby I want you too. I mean fuck who knew you’d have a body like that?” I ignored his comment hoping he’d go away and wait for me downstairs instead; I had no such luck. “It’s not like I’m your step brother yet so it’s not bad to admit that you want me. Hell our parents won’t be together long anyways if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“Get a clue dude. It’s your personality I can’t stand. You have no game whatsoever.” I groaned slipping into my fresh clothes and putting my hair up in a loose messy clasp so it would hold it up but still look attractive.

“Denial. It’s okay though I will make you come around sooner or later.”

I opened the door and pushed past him. “How about never?” I added as I opened my bedroom door and ushered him out, following behind him. “Let’s get this over with. Either you’re running in front of me or beside me, got it? I don’t trust you behind me.” I commented as we went down the stairs, side by side yet I made sure there was a nice safe distance. Don’t want to get to tempted to push him.   

Wanted - Disturbed