21: Mind Games

“Well if you change your mind and have any errands to run let me know. I don’t mind being used as chauffer.” He gave me a playful wink.

I grabbed the two books I needed and closed my locker. “Do you want to stop at your locker?” I hope he offers to walk me to my first class because I totally have forgotten where it is. I had expected to be getting rides from Jared so I hadn’t bothered remembering where my first class was.      

“Yes, I need my physics book.” He nodded and lifted his strong frame away from the locker he had been leaning against. “Speaking of books let me carry yours.” He snatched them from me before I had the chance to protest.

“I can carry them, they aren’t heavy.”

He shook his head and gave me another bright smile that made my heart flutter. Guys like this wouldn’t have talked to me before. No guys like this didn’t exist outside of movies before I moved here. “It’s more for me than you.”

“How?” I asked. “I always felt like the whipped guys carry books.”

“I don’t mind if people think you’ve got me whipped. Actually it would be kinky if you did whip me.” He teased and I couldn’t help but giggle. “See carrying your books gave me the opportunity to see that you have psychology first hour, which in turn means I can offer to walk you to your first hour class seeing as it’s right by the physics room anyways.”

“Ah very clever I see what you did there.” I commented eyeing the clear print on the cover of my book in his arm that showed it was a psychology book.

“AP psych huh? So you like the mind then?”

I nodded. “Yeah I like how the classes approaches it scientifically but also gives room for the idea that the mind advances on its own making each individual unique.”

“A smart girl, now that is hot. Most girls you find in that class take it just because it’s very hands on and not too much reading required.”

“To be honest I am just taking the class to see how I can manipulate guys into thinking they have the control when actually I’m suggesting every move without detection.” I winked at him.

“Explain?” he asked curious.

“Every action that someone does has an outcome. For instance I could have planned out getting you to walk me to first class ahead of time. The simple actions of pausing when I got out of Kale’s car gave you time to catch up to me. By grabbing my book with my right instead of my left it gave you the opportunity to not only see my book cover but also to take it from me with ease.”

He stared at me a moment before stopping in front of his locker and spinning the combination. “You’re a tricky one.”

The first bell rang and I smiled as I flipped my hair back over my shoulder. “I like have no idea what you’re talking about I just want to paint my nails and hook up with some hotties at the mall.” I teased him.

Skylar stared in his locker a second before closing it. “I just realized I don’t need anything from my locker.”

“Physics book?”

“I’m not in physics.” He gave me a sly smile as he lead me for the AP Psych room. “I’m is psych with you.”

Oh my god I am a fucking idiot! I screamed at myself feeling tempted to smash my head against a wall or something. He sits in front of you. How could you forget something like that?! I laughed and flashed him a cute smile. “I didn’t know that.” Act like you didn’t notice him.

“You walked past me when you had to get your book. I sit in front of you and Silvia.” he commented hoping to spark a memory.

I shrugged. “Oh yeah when Mark helped me get my book? I didn’t see anyone but him really.” Ouch a blow to his ego? I wondered seeing the almost surprised blink of his eyes.

We entered the class and I moved towards my seat in the middle of the row. “You didn’t see me outside by Kale’s car until I walked up. Right?” Skylar asked his mind still working on whether or not I had manipulated him into walking me to class.

“Maybe, maybe not.” I gave him a wink and took my seat. I hadn’t seen him but he didn’t need to know that.

Use the Force - Jamiroquai