26: Nude Conversations

I cannot believe I’m stuck here with her. I groaned laying down across my bed. “Knock knock.” Sarah’s voice sounded from my open doorway. Guess that means she’s done changing.

I sat up to be greeted with the sight of standing there completely nude, my swimming suit dangling in her hand. “Uh. . . hi?” I said awkwardly not sure exactly how to respond.

“Where should I put this?” she asked waving the suit in the air.

“There’s a laundry shoot on the wall by my door you can just put it down there.” Why on earth is she naked?!

She disappeared around the corner just to pop back up into my doorway still nude. “Is there something I can help you with?”

She shook her head. “No I’m good. So what are you up to?”

Sarah smiled as she laid down on the opposite side of the bed. She lay on her stomach perching  her head up on her hands as she stared up at me. “Well I was going to go for a run.”

“Kale didn’t say anything about you being athletic.” I raised an eyebrow.  “What?” she added watching my face.

“Just surprised he mentioned me at all.”

“Oh no, he’s told me about you.”

I nodded. “So why are you naked?” I just had to ask it was starting to bother me. Her breasts are bigger than mine.

“Kale likes confident girls.”

“Well Kale isn’t home.”

“Does it bother you?” she asked rolling onto her back and looking up at me with a pleased smile.

I stretched and shrugged. “No I was just curious.”

“So you never are naked just to be naked?” Sarah asked and I looked back over at her.

“No I never really get nude other then when changing clothes or taking a shower.”

This seemed to surprise her. “Seriously?”

“Why is that weird?”

“No I guess not. I don’t know sometimes being naked just feels so free.” I didn’t reply and a silence hung in the air for a few minutes.  “Not even when you sleep?”

“Huh?”

“You don’t sleep nude?”

I shook my head. “No I sleep in nighties and lingerie.”

“Why?”

Why do I? I had never really put much thought into it before. “I guess it makes me feel sexier.”

“Being nude isn’t sexy?”

“I don’t know. I always felt that putting everything out there took away from the excitement. If you have clothes on then guys are stuck wondering what is under them and wanting more. But if it’s all out there for a guy to see then there’s no mystery.”

“I never really thought of it like that.” She sighed. “So have you ever done it?”

“Had sex? Me? No I haven’t.” I answered honestly.

This seemed to surprise her. “Never?”

“Nope.”

“Are you saving it until marriage?”

“No.”

“Waiting until you fall in love?”

“Not really.”

“You’re not a lesbian are you?”

I shook my head. “God no. Not that girls aren’t beautiful and all, I just much prefer dating someone who would be able to make me feel safe and I don’t think a girl could do that.”

“So what is it then? Do you have some sort of disease?”

I laughed. “No nothing like that. I don’t know I just never really had an opportunity for sex that I wanted to take advantage of. I don’t have to be in  love with the guy or anything but I like knowing that he will respect me enough to not be with another girl the next week.”

“So you’re waiting for a long term relationship then.”

“Yeah, a guy I can trust myself with."

All That She Wants - Ace of Base