5

nessabarett los angeles i'm coming for ya ✈️liked by mishkasilva, brycehall, and others skylarbudgett hi i'm so excited i'm right beside uleagoldstein photo creds pls🥴        ↳ nessabarrett sorry who r you? jacksonwhitefield oooo i see that user ...

liked by mishkasilva, brycehall, and others
skylarbudgett hi i'm so excited i'm right beside u
leagoldstein photo creds pls🥴
        ↳ nessabarrett sorry who r you?
jacksonwhitefield oooo i see that user change
        ↳ nessabarrett i can f i n a l l y add the 2 t's :)
cynthiaparkerrrr omg shut up we NEED to meet
         ↳nessabarrett yes yess for sure ! ! !
user382 is she going to meet up with josh?
user92 nessa what happened with josh? are you guys still friends?
user23827 ur so pretty and i cant even see ur face
[liked by joshrichards]
mikeytua you know, we should hang out while ur in my city
         ↳nessabarrett hmm sounds fun

____________

"why did mikey tua just ask to hang out with you" lea questions, looking up from her phone into nessa's confused eyes.

"i don't know" she shrugs, returning to her previous task of trying to locate her airpods that have got lost in her carry on bag.

the three girls share eye contact, all of their minds racing and all three of them dying to bombard their best friend with questions about a certain someone.

"so nessa" skylar breaks, unable to resist the urge any longer. "how's josh?".

the question clearly takes nessa by surprise as her natural happy glow darkens for a few seconds before she regains her composure, looking her curious friend directly in the eye.

"i don't know. we haven't spoke since you betrayed me" she sasses, her hand wrapping around the small airpod case in her bag.

mishka and skylar roll their eyes.

"ness it's been two weeks since that happened. there's another reason why you haven't spoke to him. so spill" lea instructs her.

nessa sighs in defeat, fumbling with the string of her hoodie, her curls falling over her face to hide the sad expression she's wearing.

"since we stopped interacting, i haven't received any hate and he hasn't gotten any crap for being my friend. i'm a nobody in his world and being friends with someone with such a public platform isn't going to end well so it's best i do us both a favour and distance myself" she speaks in a low yet audible voice.

mishka opens her mouth to speak but is interrupted by a very eager skylar whos making questionable sounds and waving her phone around like a crazy lady.

"josh is live" she squeals, "he's live on insta".

while mishka races over beside the excited girl, lea and nessa share a look. lea mouths 'we'll talk later' before joining her friends.

deciding that watching the live wouldn't benefit her in anyway, nessa decides to read some more of her book, escaping from the madness in front of her.

she was only halfway through the paragraph when lea calls her over.

"he's talking about you!" she cries, making hand gestures to usher the girl over.

nessa's palms go sweaty and clammy as she makes her way over, nerves flowing all over her body. she can't bare to listen to what he's saying.

but there he is in the house that's all too familiar. he's standing outside, the rest of the boys are scattered across the backyard, some mucking around, others in the pool. josh is fully clothed and overlooking the view of bel air that they have. he seems like himself but his voice is strained and he keeps coughing, signs that he's getting sick.

and then he reads another comment about nessa.

"im..so glad...you...aren't- friends with that slut..nessa anymore" he speaks slowly, his expression changing so fast from chill to pissed. it takes nessa by surprise.

the girls look between nessa and the live video, unaware of what to expect.

"okay you know what, i never spoke on this situation before because if i had then nessa wouldn't have liked it but apparently we aren't friends anymore so i can get a few things off my chest. y'all do know that the horrible, nasty, vulgar shit that you're saying about her is hurting me too right? she's my- she was my friend and i care about her. you guys don't even know her so for y'all to have such strong opinions on someone you know nothing about, is crazy. if i see anyone else giving that girl any shit just because she knows me, i won't hesitate on blocking every single one of y'all and i won't give any of you content. i'm so sick of it-"

nessa reaches over and takes skylars phone. she leaves the live before giving the phone back and walking off.

what the hell just happened.

______________

would you guys mind if i did more of irl as well as the social media / text convo chapters? i just really like writing them so yeah pls let me know :)

vote & comment 💗