44

the early morning sun shines brightly into the kitchen while nessa sits at the breakfast bar- a cup of steaming hot coffee in her left hand and her phone in her right. the current time is 6:38 am and much like the rest of the los angeles residents, josh is still very much asleep. it's only been days since nessa applied to the conservatory yet she hasn't heard from them nor had she told anyone besides lea that it was a thing in the first place. her head had been clouded with many rattling thoughts since she pressed send and off her application went.

"ness? why are you awake" josh yawns, his sleepy voice causing the coffee drinking girl to smile.

ever since the night at the bowling alley, the two have been inseparable. they aren't officially anything but they don't need to label themselves to be happy or to know that what they have is rare and special. they've been enjoying each other's company and spending time alone- finally.

"couldn't sleep, go back to bed" she hums, jumping down from the bar stool and making her way over to the door where he leans lazily against.

josh opens his long arms for nessa to wrap herself in. she kisses his chest before resting her worrying head on it. josh sighs heavily, closing his eyes. the two just stand there for a moment while everything else is still and to them it seems like they're the only people on earth. the quiet surrounding making it all the much more better.

"come with me then" josh mutters, a cheeky smirk on his lips.

raising her eyebrows, nessa leans on her tiptoes so that she is standing a little taller yet somehow she still doesn't reach past his strong shoulders. gently, the small girl leans forward and kisses him teasingly- josh wasting no time in playing back. they stand there in the doorway wrapped in each other.

____________

"how about toaster quesadillas?" mads asks, her head peering out from the pantry.

the three girls who reside on the couch mumble in agreement. it's girls night and josh has been thrown out of the apartment to go spend some quality bonding time with his own friends. it was discussed between the two groups of friends that they had to separate josh and nessa if there was any chance of them hanging out with their respective groups ever again.

the movie wild child was playing on nessas tv while hannah and liv had a popcorn war with each other and mads made some snacks in the kitchen. nessa wasn't very focused on the movie or her friends for that matter. she had been texting with lea earlier who had informed her that a girl in her bio class got accepted to the conservatory and she had been emailed only a few hours ago. nessa's phone has been clutched in her hand ever since she spoke with her hometown best friend- nervously awaiting that dreaded email. she did however have to part with it when mad's took it into the kitchen, scrolling through pinterest for snack ideas.

"hey!" hannah yells, throwing a handful of popcorn at nessa's blank face.

startled, the brunette blinks quickly, turning her head towards the two girls beside her. she gives them a death stare.

"what the hell was that for?" she asks with an annoyed tone.

"you were totally spacing. what's up?" olivia quizzes, crossing her legs into a basket.

nessa can't hold in this secret much longer and she knows that these girls are her best friends and they'll understand that she couldn't tell them anything until she knew for sure what the plan was. but on the other hand they could easily just be really pissed that she never trusted them with the news in the first place but then she could just explain how she never wanted to upset them or worry them about something that might not even happen.