16

it's incredible what a small group of girls can pull off in a little over four hours and thirty seven minutes. after getting the word out that the party was happening, nessa went into party planner mode and gave she and her friends several tasks to complete in older for them to pull off the greatest party of the year. and so far, so good. everyone's enjoying their time and nothing has been seriously damaged nor wrecked in the house.

lea is flirting with joey birlem in the living room as doja cat blares through the speakers courtesy of bryce xavier whos now a dj? skylar and mishka have been glued to the sway boys the full night, particularly bryce and josh.

the amount of social media influencers that have turned up surprised nessa but given the chance to party and have free booze? who would pass that up.

having had two full red solo cups herself, nessa feels rather tipsy as she makes her way into the kitchen that is surprisingly rather empty. at the hype house party before everything kicked off- the kitchen was busy busy.

mads comes strutting through the door only minutes after nessa. she has puffy red eyes and her cheeks are wet.

"mads? what's wrong".

nessa stops pouring a drink for herself and rushes over to the crying blonde. mads puts her head in her hands and starts to sob loudly. it breaks nessa's heart.

"we broke up" she cries, wrapping her arms around nessa's waist. nessa gasps inaudibly at the shocking news.

mads and jaden? broken up? what kind of sick joke-

nessa doesn't say anything or ask any questions. she decides that just being here to comfort her friend is enough right now. nessa strokes mads hair in attempt to calm her down and it works for a little while until the kitchen door swings open and jaden comes stumbling in, clearly drunk off his ass.
josh is behind him- he yells at him to leave the room.

"mads look don't get upset-"

"don't get upset? how the fuck can i not be upset when you just broke up with me while i was in the middle of pouring out my god damn heart to you? that's so fucked" she screams, turning on the tap and splashing her face with water as jaden continues to defend himself .

"i'm sorry i just-"

"go to hell".

and with that, mads storms out of the kitchen and disappears into the crowd. jaden sits himself on the counter with his hand leaning on his face. he looks defeated.

"you okay?" josh asks, directing the question towards a stunned looking nessa who's having a hard time digesting the news.

she nods her head.

jaden looks over at nessa.

"i'm sorry for the drama ness. i'm just scared" he mumbles.

nessa has a feeling that jaden needs to talk about how he's feeling but he won't do it when josh is in the room.

"josh can you go check on mads please? i'll talk with this one" nessa asks politely, a small smile on her lips.

josh hesitates, looking between his two best friends. he nods after a second and leaves the kitchen, nessa and jaden now the only people in it.

nessa lifts herself onto the island, facing opposite of the drunk boy. she tries to think of a way to start the conversation that she knows he needs to have but he does it for her.

"she told me she loved me and i got scared" he blurts out. nessa feels her heart ache for him. she doesn't reply but instead waits for him to continue.

"i love her too nessa i really do. i'm just scared of the commitment and getting hurt so it's hard for me to let her get any closer- does that make sense?".

nessa slides off of the island, walking the small distance over to jaden. she takes his hands in her own and looks up at him gingerly. he slowly meets her gaze and sighs.

"i understand you, trust me i do. i know for a fact that if you let mads know what you just told me then she'd be understanding too. you went about it the wrong way and could have done it more delicately but i know it was never your intention to hurt her. she knows that too but her feelings are raw right now so you'll have to give her time. talk to her tomorrow when you're sober and she's calm. your feelings will sort themselves out if you let them".

jaden smiles, also getting down from the counter. he and nessa stand in the middle of the kitchen, a few feet apart.

"thanks ness, i really needed that" he smiles, pulling the short girl in for a hug. nessa complies, returning the favour. she smiles, happy to have helped.

when jaden pulls away, he sees josh standing in the doorway- a confused look on his face.

"she's the best therapist" jaden jokes.

josh looks relieved.

before he leaves- jaden leans down and whispers into nessa's ear.

"if you ever want to talk about your own feelings for a certain someone- lemme know".

____________________

did y'all think i was gonna let jaden and nessa get together for a sec there? lmao nooooo

anyways more drama n stuff coming up soon

comment & vote pls