13

nessa basks i'm the warmth of the sun. she lays on the lounger with her tanned legs crossed and arms on either side of her. post malone plays at a generous volume through her airpods as she nods her head ever so little to the beat of the music. she could get used to being in los angeles. the people are decent, the food is amazing, and the weather does wonders for her mood.

she enjoys spending time at the beach.

all of a sudden, nessa shrieks at a piercing pitch as she's soaked with freezing cold water. she gasps, sitting up and opening her eyes wide- her sunglasses falling onto the sand.

josh and anthony stand at the bottom of the lounge chair in hysterics. they're close to tears whenever they look at the shocked expression that's painted on nessa's unexpected face.

she growls, alarming both of the pranksters immediately.

"you two are dead!" she screams, pouncing up from the chair and running after the two of them. she chases them back into the water, josh and anthony trying to outrun each other whilst screaming like little kids.

nessa soon quickly realises that she's now at a disadvantage the second she feels the water resting at her knees. antony and josh share a smug look, communicating with each other through their eyes. nessa knows immediately what's about to happen.

she slowly backs away, thinking they don't notice.

unluckily for her however , josh pounces. he tackles her rapidly, throwing the small girl over his shoulder. nessa kicks and screams, begging for them to let her go. anthony takes nessa's bottom half from josh, holding her by the ankles while josh places his hands under her arms- gripping onto her firmly.

"guys stop. no please don't i can't sw-"

before she can finish pleading, nessa is swung into the air with no warning. not even a 1 and a 2 and a 3. she catapults into the air before plummeting down into the deep blue water just as fast as she went up. she manages to hold her breath seconds before hitting the icy cold water. her body sinking deeper into it. nessa swears that if it's the last thing she does, she will get her revenge on those idiot boys.

for now she does her best to make movements, trying her hardest to get back up to the top.

meanwhile, josh and anthony kill themselves laughing above the waterline.

"oh hey, avani and the others are here. you deal with nessa and i'll go greet them" anthony says breathlessly. he leaves josh no time to argue and swims his way back to shore.

josh can't believe that he's been left to deal with a pissed off nessa, especially when it was anthony's idea to throw her in.

deciding that he'd better face the music, josh spins around- expecting to see nessa floating with a scowl on her bare face but she's not there. immediately alarm bells ring in josh's head. he starts to call for her, swimming towards the area where she landed.

when he can't see nor hear any sign of his best friend he panics. josh dives into the water with no hesitation- determined to find out where she is. he opens his eyes, ignoring the salty stinging pain it causes him. he sees nessa struggling to swim to the surface, she looks dazed and lost. how long has she been trying to get out?

as fast as he possibly can, josh swims towards her. she feels herself being pulled towards something and starts to panic, causing the very little air she had left to release, making bubbles and leaving her choking on water.

josh pushes her through the water, his right arm wrapped around her waist and his left one guiding them through the dark sea.

they make it to the surface, nessa gasping for air as soon as she can feel the sun on her face, the warmth drying the droplets of water away.

she sputters out the mouthful of water that had been stored inside for the past few minutes. josh frantically turns her around to face him, holding her face with both of his hands.

"ness? are you okay?" he asks, out of breath.

she finally calms down- no longer coughing. her heart beats like crazy as she wraps her legs around josh, pulling him in for a hug. she got a fright.

"i'm okay. i tried to tell you i cant swim very good" she jokes but josh only beats himself up about it.

"i'm an idiot. i'm so sorry".

nessa shakes her head, pulling away from him, their faces inches apart. she smiles, his deep blue eyes going soft as she does.

"it's okay i'm fine. i just panicked and got myself into a situation. it's not even that deep in this part" she shrugs, looking around them.

nessa notices that the others have arrived. she feels very nervous all of a sudden. what if they don't like her? what if they don't get along?

josh starts to swim back to the beach slowly, nessa still wrapped around him like a baby koala bear. she tightens her grip around him, resting her head on his shoulder while they make their way back.

after a couple more minutes of josh putting the work in, nessa is able to touch the ocean floor and she climbs off of his lap, paddling towards the beach. the two of them mess round, splashing each other and eventually having a race to see who could get back first. josh is taller so he had an advantage or at least that's what nessa's excuse to losing was.

"took you guys long enough" anthony laughs upon seeing the two.

nessa glares at him until she has an idea.

"why don't you give me a hug ant?".

anthony doesn't quite understand what she meant until it click in his head and he makes a run for it. nessa chases after him, determined to get payback. the others laugh at the pair, the girls cheering nessa on.

avani joins in, grabbing a hold of anthony which allows nessa time to catch up. when she does, she wraps her arms around his waist and lets her soaking wet self get water all over the boy. anthony shrieks when it comes into conact with his dry skin.

"hey nessa! why don't you come sun bathe with us?" addison yells, walking backwards towards the secluded area she and the other girls have made for themselves.

nessa glances over at avani who already has her own eyes locked on the small girl. she smiles at her, gesturing for nessa to take her hand.

"let's go gal, you're one of us now".

_________________________________

this chapter is just a MESS
the next three or four chapters will be irl and tf hen i'll go back to social media bc nessa will be home :/

comment & vote pls