37

nessa has spent the past week getting moved into her apartment and with the help from her friends she finally has everything the way she wants and it looks llvery homely. she did have a hard time saying goodbye to her family and friends from new jersey though but a fresh start out in LA is what she needed, especially considering all the new job opportunities her new life has to offer.

"knock knock neighbour".

loooking up from her current position behind the island, nessa smiles widely upon seeing her two friends olivia and hannah who have moved into the same building as her. they had planned this months ago. she finished drying the last glass before putting it back in the cabinet.

"you know, just because we're neighbours now doesn't mean we have to waltz in and out of each other's apartments every two minutes" she says with a cocked eyebrow and small smile.

hannah and olivia scoff, making themselves comfortable on nessa's crushed velvet corner couch that mads and jaden bought her a s a housewarming gift. both girls are fixated on the large flat screen television (that griffin and bryce mounted on the wall ) as it currently plays reruns of austin & ally.

"oh please, they did it all the time on friends" hannah dismisses, wrapping herself up in nessa's burrito blanket.

drying her hands, nessa uses the dish towel to whip hannah's leg before taking a seat beside her.

"hey aren't you supposed to be having house guests this weekend?" olivia asks, looking over her shoulder at nessa.

the brunette smiles at the thought of hosting josh's siblings for the weekend while they're here for his birthday. nessa offered to pick the family up at the airport but mr & mrs richards insisted that they hire their own car for the next few days which works out better than them having to uber.

"yes and they'll be here soon so can you guys make sure i've got everything? i don't want them to be bored" she says- her tone nervous.

hannah and olivia get off of the couch and walk over into the kitchen, both of them taking a look in the pantry, fridge, and anywhere else's they can.

"can you come shopping with us next time because damn nessa you got all the good snacks" olivia pouts, rummaging through the neatly organised pantry courtesy of kio. he's gotten really ocd since he moved in with the boys.

nessa feels a little relieved knowing that her friends approve of the snacks. she wants olivia and william to feel comfortable and happy while they visit.

"so what's the plan anyway? are they surprising him at the dinner or the party?" hannah asks through a mouthful of lucky charms that she helped herself to.

nessa scolds her, shooing the two girls out of her tidy kitchen before they can mess it up.

"the dinner. we're going to catch and it's going to be josh's parents that bring out the cake" she smiles, the plan playing in her head on a loop. she can't wait to see it play out tonight.

"are they coming to the party?" olivia questions.

nessa shakes her head. "no they're only making a short appearance at the dinner and then they have the full day tomorrow and sunday to spend with josh alone".

__________

nessa's nerves get the best of her as she waits outside the apartment building for josh's parents to pull up. they texted and said they were ten minutes away twelve minutes ago.

"nessa!" william cheers as they park at the curb. the small boy unbuckles his seat belt and opens the car door swiftly, jumping out and running towards the girl he's heard so much about.

nessa envelops the younger boy in a welcoming hug, a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

"i'm so happy to finally meet you" she tells him.

josh's mom and dad get out of the car, olivia following them close behind. mr. richards opens the trunk and takes out two suitcases. nessa assumes they're for the kids.

"hello dear, i can't believe we're finally meeting!" mrs richards swoons, hugging nessa tightly. olivia stifles a laugh.

"where should i take these nessa?" mr. richards asks, holding the two suitcases.

nessa smiles politely, "apartment 1b" she tells him. she left the door open anyways.

"we can't wait to have a proper catch up with you but we really must get on our way and get dressed for tonight. are you absolutely sure that you have no issues having the kids stay here?" mrs. richards fusses.

"mom i'm fourteen" olivia comments.

mrs. richard simply shrugs the comment off, still awaiting an answer from nessa.

"i'm absolutely sure" she confirms. "i'll see you guys at the dinner tonight" she smiles.

mr and mrs richards say their goodbyes before getting back into the car and driving off to the hotel.
olivia nessa and william stand on the sidewalks, waving them off. when they're gone, william looks up at nessa, a grin on his face.

"can we watch spongebob?" he asks. his eyes light up like a kid on christmas.

nessa laughs, ruffling his hair. "dude of course we can" she says, william running off into the building before the girls.

"you'll soon find out that i'm the only normal sibling" olivia states.

she and nessa laugh at her comment as they head inside, ready for the weekend to start.

_____________________

hellllo

i really didn't like this chapter my bad :/

promise that next one will be better!

speaking of next things being better...

IM WRITING A SECOND BOOK!

the intro is published now! go vote go see go add to ur library and then tell me what you think about the plot!!

ilyyyy