7

nessa weaves herself in and out through the sea of bodies that are currently filling up the spacious living room. their sweaty bodies give her major creeps. she hates strangers sweat. it's a thing.

"hey there you are, come make tiktoks in the famous bathroom" cynthia smiles, tugging on nessa's arm.

she hesitates tho, looking around like a deer in headlights. there's so many people here. most of them she's seen on her phone but now they're here in real life, almost as if they're actual human beings. crazy right?

"i think i'm going to get a drink first!" she yells over the loud music. cynthia nods, taking a sip out of her cliche red solo cup that probably contains a very alcoholic drink in it.

making her way to the kitchen, nessa smiles upon seeing the cooler, a bottle of water sitting at the top of it, practically calling her name but just as she reaches for it, a hand comes out of nowhere and scoops it up. she pouts slightly, looking up to see the most chocolate coated eyes she's ever seen.

"oh sorry, did you want this?" he asks, genuine sympathy lacing his tone. he looks so familiar.

"uh yeah but it's fine, there's plenty more water around i'm sure" she shrugs off, smiling nervously.

the boy with curly brown hair and tanned skin tilts his head to the side, his eyes scanning nessa from head to toe. he has a lightbulb moment which doesn't go unnoticed by her.

"you're nessa right?". he doesn't wait for her to reply as he already knows the answer. "i'm mikey tua, i commented on your post earlier". he introduces himself.

nessa herself has a lightbulb moment and her memory is refreshed, she shakes mikeys hand.

"oh yeah. i remember" she tells him, her eyes gazing across the island to the other side of the kitchen where another bottle of water is sat.

mikey catches her stare and looks behind him, eyeing up the bottle and smirking to himself. he excuses himself and walks over to it, nodding his head to the guys standing beside the counter. mikey returns to where he was previously stood and hands the bottle over to her, a smile on his lips as he does so.

"thanks mikey, you didn't have to" she smiles back, taking the bottle from him. he shrugs like it was no big deal and technically it wasn't but he still didn't have to go out of his own way like that.

"hey, what are friends for" he says, raising his bottle in a 'cheers' gesture. nessa clashes her own bottle against his and they both take long gulps, mikey managing to spill a little down his shirt.

"so how come you're not on the hard stuff?" he asks, referring to the more alcoholic option her friends and everyone else at this party has opted for.

"i'm the designated driver tonight. i don't drink a lot anyway and i'm so tired from travelling all day" she simply explains, shifting her weight onto her left leg.

mikey nods in understanding. "i feel ya. i'd rather wake up fresh tomorrow for a hike and not suffer from a crazy hangover" he laughs, nessa joining in.

the two stand for over half an hour, talking and laughing. the two have quickly become good friends and nessa is having fun for the first time ever at a party. mikey tells her the latest inside influencer gossip, the kind that's not on tiktokroom and in return, she plays beer pong with him except the beer is pickle juice in red cups.

"this is so gross" nessa spits, leaning over the kitchen sink, mikey laughing uncontrollably behind her.

"yeah but it's funny" he responds.

she gives him a dirty look, wiping her mouth with a towelette. "only because i keep losing" she growls, shoving him playfully.

"hey! not my fault you've got terrible aim" he laughs, gently shoving her back.