19

josh sighs heavily as he falls down onto the couch with his phone in his hands and a frown on his face. it's clearly obvious that he's not in his usual preppy mood but he doesn't feel like talking about it so he keeps quiet and refuses every game the boys offer him to play. he's just not in the mood.

eventually though, anthony grows concerned for his best friend and decides to question him about his gloomy mood.

"okay man, what's up?".

kio, bryce, and griff stop playing their current game out of interest - they too don't like seeing josh in this state.

josh meets the stare of each boy sitting on the couch with him and figures that he could just tell them he doesn't feel good or some other random bullshit but he also knows that they wouldn't believe him. these four boys are his brothers and they know him inside out.

"honestly? i don't know. it's just- i'm getting really jealous all the time and whenever nessa isn't here i'm sad? and i know it's probably because she's my best friend but i'm feeling something new".

his friends glance at each other- smirks on their faces like they know something he doesn't. this bothers josh.

"what?" he asks. "what are you smiling at?".

"josh my friend" bryce starts, leaning forward. "that feeling? it's there because you like nessa".

josh rolls his eyes.

"obviously i like nessa, shes my best friend".

the sway boys facepalm, grunting in frustration. how can he be so oblivious?

"what we mean is that you've developed feelings for nessa" griffin says.

"real feelings- like you might possibly even wanna date her sort of feelings" kio inputs, murmurs of agreement coming from the boys.

"cutting the bullshit? you've got feelings for nessa the same way i have for avani, griff has for dixie, and kio has for olivia. those feelings- if you chose to act on them could end up turning into love".

josh looks at anthony with displbelief glazing over his eyes. love? nessa? like like? what the fuck.

"nah" josh mutters.

he refuses to admit to himself that he's got serious feelings for nessa. he doesn't want to accept it. the consequences are too risky and he doesn't want to take them.

__________

"okay so what's your plan?".

nessa stares blankly at jaden as he rocks back and forth on his gaming chair- pondering on whether she herd him correctly or not.

she points to herself.

"my plan? isn't she you're ex girlfriend. how come you're not coming up with a plan?".

jaden scratches the back of his neck nervously. it reminds nessa of josh because it's something he does too when he's feeling anxious about something.

"but you're a girl!" jaden protests.

"what's your point? just because i'm a girl doesn't mean i should be doing all the work. you're the one who's known her longer and is in love with her".

jaden struggles to find an argument for their debate and he surrenders, knowing that she's won and right- he should have been the one to come up with a plan.