11

"how was your date with mikey?".

nessa looks away from the blurry streets that pass by the window - her eyes find josh's for a moment until his return to the road, flicking his blinker on and turning into a new street that flashes by just the same. momentarily, nessa thinks about mikey for the first time since she left his place hours ago. it was a really good night and he's such a great guy yet she doesn't seem to think about him every second that she's not with him. strange.

"it wasn't a date" she insists, shifting in the heated seat of josh's car.

he rolls his eyes playfully at her response. it clearly was a date but obviously she's just not comfortable talking about it with him. it's understandable.

"well okay then. how was your hang out with mikey?" he rephrases, his eyes remaining on the road ahead.

nessa twists her mouth in thought. "it was good. he's a nice guy and i think we could be close friends eventually" she hums, satisfied with her answer.

josh furrows his eyebrows not quite understanding why she's being so closed off about mikey. maybe she's struggling with her own feelings for him and doesn't quite know what to say about it right now. again, understandable.

"i'm happy you're happy" josh confesses. he might be weary of mikey tua of all people but nessa isn't dumb, she can handle herself and josh knows that.

nessa stares admirably at josh for being so understanding and non judgemental about her new friendship with mikey. she just wishes mishka and skylar were in the same headspace. it really sucks not being able to talk about your feelings to your best friends but that's their issue.

josh slows down, turning into a gas station and stopping at the second pump. he turns off the car, twisting in his own seat so that he's facing nessa.

"gonna get gas, i won't be long" he mutters, taking his wallet out of the glove compartment in front of her. she nods her head while he unbuckles his seatbelt and slides out of the car.

nessa looks forward, the store attached to the station seeming very inviting. if josh won't let her pay for gas, the least she can do is grab some snacks for them.

she unbuckles her own seatbelt, getting out of the car. josh looks alarmed at first, his eyes scanning her face looking for some way to tell what's wrong. he calms after seeing her smile.

"i'm going to grab some snacks, any preference?" she asks, clutching onto her wallet.

josh thinks for a sec, still pumping gas into the tank.

"can i get some fun dips please" he replies, reaching into his pocket.

nessa knows that he's going to take out his wallet and she stops him immediately.

"joshua" she says gaining his attention. "i'm paying for the snacks".

she leaves him no time to argue, walking away from him while he continues to call her name. it makes her laugh as she enters the store.

after finishing filling the tank and paying for the gas, josh waits for nessa inside the car, texting the groupchat to let them know that he's on his way home.

sway

josh
almost home

ant
okay dude
how's nessa?

jaden
mads has cleaned the guest room
for her and nessa to sleep in tonight

josh
ok tell her i said thank u
& she's good. grabbing snacks

kio
ohhhh please get me
sour patch kids
PLEASE

josh
lmao ok i'll txt her

___________

josh puts his phone away after texting nessa kio's request for candy. she checks out at the front of the store, waving over to josh when she walks outside. he starts the car, driving ahead a little so she doesn't have to walk back to the car.

"i'm tired" she sighs, the heat inside making her sleepy. she rests her head on the window, the bag of goods on her lap.

josh smiles to himself as he drives home. nessa is in a light sleep beside him. the music is playing at low volume and josh is starting to feel a little tired himself. he eventually makes it back to sway house, pulling up into the driveway and turning the engine off.

"ness?" he says, shaking her shoulder gently.

nessa however seems to be deep in sleep. josh doesn't want to disturb the sleeping girl so he has an idea. he unbuckles his belt, reaching behind to grab nessa's things from the back seat. he sends jaden a text before getting out of the car.

the front door opens only minutes later, a confused jaden stepping outside in shorts and bare chest.

"what's up man" he asks, scratching his head.

josh closes the trunk as quietly as he can. nessa stirs a little but remains asleep. josh carries her things around to the front of the car, holding her backpack for jaden to take.

"do you mind taking nessa's things upstairs? she's fallen asleep and i cant carry them up as well as her" josh pleads, jaden nodding his head swiftly.

"of course" he replies. jaden effortlessly takes the bags, holding them tightly as he re-enters the house.

josh opens the passenger side door once jadens gone. he bends down, leaning over nessa's comatose body. he unbuckles her seatbelt, letting it reel back in. he then positions his arms under her legs and around her back. he lifts her up tenderly with ease. nessa's head falls onto josh's chest, he holds her tight whilst closing the door with his foot.

when he's inside, josh makes his way upstairs to the  guest bedroom. he hears mads and jaden talking from his room that he shares with jaden.

josh lays nessa down onto the bed, tucking her in and giving her extra blankets. he takes off her jacket and shoes, putting them on the desk chair beside her. nessa snuggles into the comforter, her long hair covering part of her face.

smiling, josh leans down, kissing the top of her head.

"sweet dreams ness".

________________

hi stream comatose by jaden

this was kinda just a filler ig

do you prefer when i wrote irl or social media ?
personally i prefer irl bc i can do a lot more detail ect but i don't mind doing either or so let me know

i promise that the story is ONLY just beginning like i wanted you guys to see them getting close and being best friends (they still will be) before i add anything else to the mix.

pls comment & vote :)