28

after grabbing her luggage from baggage claim, nessa makes her way through the arrivals gate in LAX airport. it's busy like always and if you're not fast enough people will literally trample over you. anxious butterflies flutter around in nessa's empty stomach as she anticipates the reunion between she and the sway boys, especially josh. a million questions swarm  around in her head and all of them involve josh and what's going to happen this weekend.

"welcome back buddy"

nessa's heart stops and she can't hear herself think.

buddy.

she stops in her tracks and turns around semi slowly, feeling the urge to throw up projectile vomit - but that wouldn't be possible anyway considering she hasn't eaten all morning.

a wash of relief flashes over he face when she sees an excited mads standing beside not josh, but jaden. a silent prayer is said.

"ahh oh my gosh i missed you" mads screams and catches the attention of busy travellers while she engulfs nessa in a cobra hug. the kind where you can't breathe like at all.

the smaller girl hugs her blonde best friend back instantly, feeling comforted by her. this weekend is going to be either really good or really bad for nessa but at least mads will be there to help if she crumbles.

"i missed you more".

there's a small awkward moment between nessa and jaden as the hug comes to a halt and they come face to face.

although words were never spoken between the two after the fall out between josh and nessa, jaden never  had to explain who's side he was going to take and it didn't hurt nessa that it wasn't hers. she knew that he'd have picked josh and that's why she admires him. his loyalty to his best friend. it's rather adorable if you don't think about why he had to chose.

"come here rockstar" nessa smiles, wrapping her arms around the taller boys neck and squeezing him a little.

"you're not mad at me?" jaden asks with a the tone of surprise.

it makes nessa chuckle while she lets go of him.

"of course not. i understand why you picked him" she simply says, holding her suitcase handle.

_____________________

'girlies'

lea
nessa
hey stoopid head
did you get to LA okay?

skylar
have you seen the boys yet?

mishka
please tell us you've reconciled with them

nessa
sorry i just got to mads & jadens
i made it here okay :)
i've seen jaden (obvs)
none of the others tho

mishka
call josh
meet him for coffee
BE FRIENDS AGAIN

skylar
that's a good idea
i'll dm him for you if you want
i spoke to him a couple days ago

lea
you what?
how come you ain't tell none of us

skylar
i did
i told mishka

mishka
yeah exactly
it's not a big deal

lea
well what did he say
you didn't mention nessa right?

skylar
nope she never came up
we just caught up

nessa
look guys i'm real busy right now
promise to video chat later okay?
bye love you ❤️

_________________

"need anything?".

nessa looks up from her phone to see jaden standing in the doorway of the guest room where she'll be staying for the next few days. she locks her phone and wipes her hands on her leggings.

"can i ask you something?" she asks him, a wary look on her face.

jaden notices the uneasy expression and nods his head, entering the room and sitting on the foot of the bed.

"of course you can" he tells her.

she takes a deep breath, fidgeting with the loose string on her hoodie.

"does he hate me?".

silence overtakes the atmosphere and the question settles over them both. nessa avoids eye contact with jaden until he reaches over and holds her hand, surprising her. she was expecting him to get mad because why would she even need to ask that? josh hasn't spoken to her in months, why wouldn't he hate her.

"of course he doesn't hate you. he's angry and upset but not at you, at himself for not letting you talk at the airport and yeah he's a little hurt that you didn't wait for him to fix things but he could never and would never hate you".

nessa blinks away the tears that threaten to surface so that jaden doesn't see. truth is, since she and josh stopped being friends, her life's been dull. she's tried to keep herself distracted with mikey, her friends and the ever growing jobs that she's been taking but nothing ever makes her feel better. she misses him more than anything.

"i didn't mean to hurt him, i promise" she tells him, her voice shaking.

jaden hates seeing nessa upset like this. he knows she never meant any harm and was only trying to move on with her life but it's a complicated situation.

"i know that and deep down so does he. personally i think you should just get it over with and talk to him. he's stubborn and has an insanely huge ego but i know he'll listen".

nessa takes what jaden says into consideration. maybe she just needs to go for a walk and clear her head. she needs to think about things.

"thanks jaden" she says, hugging him.

jaden returns the hug and they exchange goodbyes before nessa unlocks her phone and sends a text. she knows what she has to do.

__________________

nessa
hey i'm coming over in 10
we need to talk.

_____________________

s h iiiiiii

hello hi how r ya

comment & vote