45

joshua 🤍
hey
you free tonight?

nessa
yeah i just have 1 more meeting
then i'll be home

joshua 🤍
okay good because
i'm making dinner

nessa
really? what's the occasion 🥰

joshua
i have some pretty big news
and i need to ask you something :))

__________________
___________

ness paces back and forth in the hallway. she's about to go inside and have dinner with josh and tell him about the conservatory. earlier today she had a meeting with her talent agency and she let them know that she'd be leaving los angeles and that the chances of her remaining an influencer were going to be very slim. she also got in contact with her parents and friends from back home- letting them know about her news too. nessa is excited to be starting fresh and going back to her roots, she knows that she's making the right decision.

taking a deep breath, she opens the front door and enters her apartment she will no longer live in after friday. the subtle sound of slow pop music playing from the living room is all she can hear as she walks down the hallway and into the room. nessa has to cover her mouth when a gasp slips passed her lips.

  in the living room, josh has placed a table with the fanciest dishes and most beautiful table decorations. the lighting has been dimmed around the room and two tall candles are flickering away on the round table.

  "oh good! you're home" josh says from the kitchen. nessa looks over to see the food being cooked nicely and a large flower arrangement of white roses and baby breath- her favorite.

nessa takes off her coat and makes her way into the busy area that smells like a proper italian restaurant. she realises that josh is making her favorite food and gifting her with her favorite things. she can't help but beam with happiness as she wraps her arms around his neck and leans up, placing a kiss on his lips. josh welcomes the smaller girl with pleasure, snaking his own arms around her waist- holding her close. he smiles into the kiss as it deepens.

   "you did all this for me?" nessa blushes. the surprise in her tone is present but by now she probably should have known he'd pull something like this.

   josh nods happily, reaching on to the counter and picking up a small box. he gestures for nessa to open it and she takes the box, holding it gingerly. her fingers unwrap the red bow that was tied on top. she feels her eyes start to tear up as her eyes gaze at the silver charm bracelet that sits in the box.

"hey and that's not even the best part, look at the charms" josh urges, proud of himself for coming up with such an idea.

nessa starts to cry happy tears as she takes the bracelet out of the box and study's each individual charm. there's a cellphone one which resembles how they met. a plane one because they're from different places and because of the moment they had in the airport that one time. there's a thanksgiving hat charm to represent the day they shared their first kiss. one that's shaped like a wave because the day on the beach where they first admitted their feelings to themselves and then there's one with a bowling ball and pin which reminds nessa of the day she and josh finally got together, even if it wasn't official to everyone else- she knows it was official to them.