21

in just a short amount of time, the sway boys had managed to pull together a kick ass party that no one was surely going to forget anytime soon. kio and griffin got very fancy decorations including a disco ball for the living room that's definitely staying up even after the party and a whole bucket load of party poppers and silly string. always the mature ones.

josh had made sure everything got set up correctly this morning. he stayed up late with anthony prepping the food. avani had to facetime them at 3am so she could give the seal of approval on their homemade cake that they made for the girls.

bryce didn't hold back with the alcohol either and the dinning room table is covered with cases of alcoholic beverages not to mention addison and dixies cocktails that they perfected earlier. the kitchen was stacked with red solo cups and fishbowls, ready to be filled.

the party was pulling together nicely and it was everything josh wanted it to be and more. their friend jake promised he would dj for them and jaden is performing as well.

people start to arrive and the boys play hosts for a half hour until the house starts to get crowded enough for them to disappear and do their own mingling.

josh waits for lea to text him. she doesn't know about the party but she does think that they're having pizza and a few drinks. not exactly a lie but not the whole truth either.

while he waits for her to text, josh locks himself away in his bedroom that he shares with jaden. he opens his closet door and walks inside, opening up one of his drawers and taking out a black box from inside. yesterday while the boys were out getting things for the party, josh had an appointment at the cartier store. he wanted to give nessa a gift for being so amazing these past few months. josh puts the box in his sweater pocket after receiving a text from lea that they're seconds away from the house.

he races back into the living room- grabbing everyone's attention by yelling loudly over the music. people stop to pay attention.

"they're here! everyone be quiet" josh instructs, turning off the lights.

everyone hushes themselves and wait patiently until the front door is opened and in step the girls- their confused mumbles can be heard for a split second before josh turns the lights back on and people set off the party poppers- everyone yelling

"SURPRISE".

the girls yelp back in shock and everyone surrounds them.

nessa turns towards a grinning josh.

she begins to tear up as he opens his arms for a hug which she gladly accepts.

"you guys did all this for us?" she asks, her voice high.

"mhm, you like?" he ponders although the answer is obvious when lea and mishka tackle him with hugs and words of gratitude.

nessa disappears into the crowd, talking to some of her friends and making new ones. she steals glances at a socialising josh every few seconds, sometimes he catches her and they smile contagiously both of them having butterflies swarm around in their stomachs as if they were on rollercoasters.

taking yet another sip from his bottle of beer, josh feels his cheeks start to heat up and he knows he's getting drunk. he can feel the light buzz that follows him whenever he moves.

"joshy boy, why you chugging them back like there's no tomorrow?".

josh looks over to his side and is surprised to see mads sitting on the kitchen counter with her legs dangling like a child's.

"i'm nervous about telling nessa i like her, what's you're excuse?" he says, his eyebrows raised.

mads holds in her hand a bottle of straight vodka and that can't be a good thing. even josh knows his limits.