24

mikey
i had so much fun tonight ❤️

nessa
yeah me too
it was sweet of you to
fly out a week early just to spend time w me

mikey
it was no trouble
i enjoyed seeing nj with you
and going to the movies

nessa

yea it was
but next time i pay oka!

mikey
i guess you just answered my next question

nessa
what question?

mikey
i was going to ask you out again
but you said next time
so that means you've already made
up your mind ;)

nessa
i did
didn't i
oh well. guess there will be

mikey
talk tomorrow?

nessa
ofc.
goodnight mikey

mikey
goodnight nessa ❤️

___________

nessa smiles half heartedly as she let's her phone fall onto the bed. she takes off her shoes and jacket, putting them back in their designated places before getting pyjamas out of her closet and making her way into the bathroom. she takes a quick shower, washing away the events of tonight as she allows her mind to overthink like it does every other night. she meant it when she told mikey she had fun and she really does want to hang with him again but josh is always there in the back of her mind and the front of her heart and it bugs her. a lot.

he made it perfectly clear that he doesn't feel the same way for her as she does him and that's just something nessa has to come to terms with. the more she hangs out with mikey to quicker she can move on from josh.

after showering, nessa steps out onto the bathroom floor and wipes away the steamy condensation on her mirror with her hand, drying it with the towel she has wrapped around her body seconds later. she stares at herself in the mirror for a minute, picking out all the flaws she sees and bumming herself out for no reason. she takes her toothbrush and starts to brush her teeth - the only thing about her face she doesn't seem to hate.

when she's finished in the bathroom, nessa climbs into bed after turning off her light. the galaxy lamp that she bought while in la lights up her ceiling to make it look like the night sky. she feels content.

picking up her phone and checking her socials, nessa notices that she's missed a few messages from her friends while she was out.

____________

'girlies'

lea
she must be having a nice time if
she hasn't asked us to fake an emergency

mishka
i hope she is having a nice time
mikey could be good for her