Chapter 4

The Duke Graps the Situation

During tonight's party being held at the royal palace where numerous young nobles had gathered, an emergency report was delivered that Rachel's engagement had been suddenly abandoned by the Prince.

In a situation that was almost impossible to understand, the Duke's house had descended to a state of chaos, and as everyone turned to the Duke for answers......he was running to try and gain information from his vassals to try and grasp the situation himself.

Each subordinate came rushing in, delivering one fragment of bad news after another.

"It is certain that then that the Prince broke off the engagement with Rachel at tonight's party?"

"Hah. We have been able to confirm so from multiple sources. In the midst of tonight's party, she was restrained in the middle of the banquet hall and taken away.

The Duke could feel a migraine coming on.

"That idiot prince.....! I wonder if he aimed for a this to be sensationalized, but the place is way too bad. He's never been the brightest, but this is a question of his common sense......"

The Duke Dan had already judged that the Prince would be going down.

Ending the engagement and violating over a dozen noble manners and customs, no matter how he tries to play this off it's going to look bad for him.

Of course there was also a bitter anger in him that his daughter's engagement had been broken so shamelessly.........but honestly, the current problem bothering the Duke more than anything was something far worse.......

The Duke slammed his hands on the top of his desk.

"That guy's head was always empty........but now he's willingly awoken the Demon.......!"

The Duke's eldest daughter Rachel has been a beautiful child ever since she was small. With her modest gestures and fragile appearance, she looked like a shy and gentle girl from the outside. The Duke and his wife who didn't know anything would always talk and praise her during their get-togethers. Everyone thought she was a wonderful child in both body and mind.

They were wrong.

As the girl grew up and her sense of self developed, the Duke and his wife's smiles started to cloud.

In any case, her behavior was bad compared to the other kids her age.

When a group of kids tried to bully her once, she climbed up a big tree in a skirt and then threw a beehive at them. When older kids came forward to try and act as reinforcements, she started knocking them down with a large stick and punished the main instigator of the bullying by throwing them in a pond.

When the Duke heard all the noise and rushed to the scene, he found his daughter throwing stones at the boy every time he tried to come back up out of the water for air.

When the shocked father tried to stop the incident, his daughter at the time looked at him with a very serious face and said,

"It's okay. If you keep throw the stones fast enough down on him while he's trying to come up, I can prevent him from floating back up to the top."