Chapter 15

Noblewoman Does Some Shopping

Rachel raised her face from the novel she was reading, and she grew worried with what she didn't see on the wall.

".........somehow, it's quite dreary huh."

When she thought about it, the Ducal home had vases and paintings all over. Naturally Rachel's room as well had been decorated on three sides with portraits of her and the landscape paintings she had done as a hobby.

"Hmmm........"

Rachel got up from her sofa and started to look around.

Naturally the walls of a dungeon were comprised of nothing but stacked stone. There was nothing else to see. Only the mural she had drawn the other day provided even a little decoration.

"Because I live in such a troublesome place, it'd be good to coordinate it in a way I like........isn't this the real pleasure of moving?"

An ordinary inmate wouldn't think like this.

"It's still too early to bring in the Dark Night Black Cats.........we never expected such a sense before, but it's good to find new business partners."

The non-ordinary prisoner Rachel thusly placed her hand on some nearby paper with a *Pon* and began writing out a letter.

"Oi, Rachel"

Prince Elliott arrogantly spoke up, and Rachel reluctantly looked up at him from the magazine she had been reading.

"What is it Your Highness? I, am in the middle of reading."

When she raised her face, she saw that Elliott wasn't looking at her. The Prince's eyes were looking over past Rachel at the other side of the dungeon.

".........In such a place, you've put up a decorative painting?"

Elliott's eyes were glued to the wall, where a large picture frame was hanging on full display. It was a landscape painting in which lilies beautifully bloomed around a river.

"My Your Highness, has your memory already begun to worsen at such an age?"

"Huh!? No, there is no such thing! Ah, but if what you said is true..........."

"I put it up just yesterday. To not remember such a recent change........"

"So it was new after all!?"

Elliott wrapped his fingers around the bars, clinging to the cell with a deep frown.

"Oi......how can you afford to bring a painting in here? What appeal is there to preparing something so nonessential and nonurgent!?"

"There was no such intention. This, it is not a picture that I brought from home."

Elliott looked back at George.

"Is that so?"

"Haa.........certainly, it's a picture I've never seen at home before......."

For the source, George could do nothing besides tipping his head to the side.

"Where did you pick it up from?"

"Is Your Highness an idiot? How could I have possibly gone to pick it up?"

"........That's right."

It can't be helped that Elliott gets called an idiot when he becomes absentminded whenever somebody calls him an idiot.

"So you didn't get it from home. You also didn't pick it up, so then where did you get it?"

How did the picture appear........it was a question that made Elliott's head turn, but Rachel responded simply while turning her gaze back into her magazine.