Chapter 42

The Prince Assassinates the Noblewoman (Plans)

A strange atmosphere was hanging inside Prince Elliott's office.

Elliott had finally ended his seclusion inside his bedroom and was now leaking a ferocious aura similar to a chihuahua that had been backed into a corner.

Every remaining member of the Prince's entourage had been summoned here now and were watching Elliott closely having never seen this side of him before.

"Gentlemen. As soon as tomorrow, Mother and Father will be returning from their inspection. They stayed over at the city of Tyrell just last night, and I'm told they should be arriving back at the royal palace as early as noon tomorrow."

"Oh, they're finally back........."

"Their inspection trip was so long this time........."

"His Majesty's health apparently started to deteriorate along the way."

Elliott raised his hand and the din of his close associates' conversation instantly stalled before he continued on with what he wanted to say.

"Originally our plan was to drag Rachel in front of Father, forcing her to confess her sin, thus resulting in him approving the dissolution of our engagement and approving my engagement to Margaret. However..........!"

Elliott raised both his fists high over his head and slammed them on the table as hard as he could.

"Let alone admitting any wrongdoing, that outrageous witch has been allowed to do whatever she wants, having a grand old time while in prison! I never expected her to feel any real guilt, but why is she having more fun every day in there than she would have if she were outside!? Isn't that strange!?"

The followers all shared a look with each other.

Certainly everything the Prince said was true, a fact that painfully stung.........but they didn't understand why it was necessary to gather them all up to hear the obvious this late in the game.

While everyone else was tilting their heads to the side, Elliott went on.

"But that's not all. Because Father's inspection trip took so long, Rachel was able to have her subordinates move in secret.........she's been able to orchestrate a number of incidents, all turning out in her favor. Now all of us have been hearing remarks from the people inside the royal palace proving they are all on Rachel's side!"

To be precise, the story traveling between residents of the royal palace were things ranging form "The Prince can't be counted on," to "Wasn't Rachel mistakenly convicted?" so it's not like they're directly taking Rachel's side.

Rather, it's the type of comments that wouldn't have come about at all if Elliott was able to take care of things without any problems, but Elliott and his men are unable to make that distinction.........because little Eli is an idiot.

"If Father returns like this, then these misunderstandings surrounding us will be our end. This isn't a joking matter! Just what did we struggle these past three months for!?"

The situation was actually pretty similar to what Elliott described, but the way he came to his conclusions was way off the mark.

"So then"

Elliott finally entered the main subject of the meeting. All of his followers around him watched with bated breath.

"I've run out of patience. We assassinate Rachel tonight!"

You didn't have any patience to begin with.........such a tsukkomi never came out.

A silent tension ran through the boys as the impact of Elliott's words slowly soaked in.